Router Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a fixed base variable speed router like the Porter Cable 892 which is a 2.25 HP router. My intent is to mount it in my home made router table. Thank you.

I have a Trend router essentially brand new 1.25HP that I would trade should someone prefer to trade.

I joined routerforums yesterday, so I'm not sure how to respond should anyone try to contact me..Is it appropriate to provide a phone number? Suggestions as how to communicate?
Thanks
AlMack

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Hey, Al; if a member (or you) clicks on your underlined name, up in the top left corner where you posted your question, a menu opens up. Click on 'Send a private msg.' (pm).
This will allow you to communicate one to one.
You can also exchange e-mail addies that way, allowing you to send links and photos
directly. Good luck!

·
Official Greeter
19,388 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Hi Al, why would anyone want a fixed base router? I have never understood why get a fixed base when a plunge router does everything a fixed base does and more. I have a shop full of routers, most are table mounted and all are plunge routers. Malcolm / Kentucky USA

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have a digital P/C, 3 hp router with less than 10 hrs. on it. I used it as a shaper to make raised panel kitchen cabinet doors on a shaper table that I made. Contact me and we'll go from there. Thanks, Ed [email protected]

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've got a 3hp, variable speed digital, P C that would be perfect for you. Contact me if you are interested. Thanks, Ed [email protected].

·
Registered
86 Posts
I use my 3 1/2 hp as a shaper to make red oak raised panels. A router that big can be pretty dangerous if used freehand.
Ed

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
@AlMack

Al - welcome to the forum and happy hunting - here's a hint - thank members for the welcome and you'll be one step closer to your required 10 posts - don't tell anyone I said that :laugh2:

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
I didn't either...

Reactions: Herb Stoops

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Go for it. Those that heard won't remember it n a few minutes.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have done the exact same thing. I built my router table to use as a shaper table with my 3.5 Porter Cable fixed base router to make raised panel doors. This setup worked great for me! I'm selling off many of my shop items because I'm getting too old to work on big projects and with high powered tools. I still want to keep all of my fingers at the ends of my hands. The PC router is variable "staged" speed and has only 3 to 4 original hours on it. I bought it new from PC and it comes with a case. Glad to send photos and more info if you mare seriously interested in buying it. Get back to me and we'll talk price. I'm willing to let it go for a very low price.
Thanks,
ED

1 - 14 of 14 Posts