Router Forums banner

Vectric Project of The Month-Dec

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  MoHawk 
#1 · (Edited)
Sorry, I intended to post this in "Show and Tell"!

For over 2 years I've downloaded Vectric's Project of The Month by Michael Tyler. I've never used any of the files until this month. The nativity scene was just right to fit .75" X 12" X 48" Aspen and .5" X 6" X 48" Mahogany that I bought for another project and never used. The boards were large enough to make 3 of the scenes.

I loaded the downloaded file into Aspire did a quick check of dimensions and tool paths, with no changes, then transferred to Mach3. Both files cut with no problems and with a little cleanup fit together perfectly. Now about 2 hours of painting and applying clear finish.

More Christmas gifts to give to relatives!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
That would be a nice thing for your church to award to the key volunteers for the year. Perhaps with a short bible quote running around the circular area. Or, maybe just the words, "Silent Night, Holy Night." Nice work, look forward to seeing the painted versions.

#4 ·
That is a great project for the season. I did this the other day. Made a base with two 1/4" dowels so I can remove the nativity, put a couple tea lights in. Maybe will paint the center of the star blue. Lots of things can be done with this one. I like the idea of putting some scripture in somewhere.

Attachments

#7 ·
After a few start and stops, here is my finished version of the Nativity Slab. Like Cary, I added a base and with some inspiration from Tom I added "Silent Night - Holy Night" to the base. My wife wanted the star to pop more, so I cut 3 new stars from Aspen, painted them white and added Copper Foil to the edges. This is one of 3 and I personalized the back of each one.

Attachments

#9 ·
Those look really nice! I was noticing how Bob's spoilboard is in perfect condition and mine looks like it could use at least an 1/8" of resurfacing. I've got the cncrp auto Z and corner finding touch plate hanging on the side of my machine base and it works great but I guess I've gotten lazy and started "eyeballing the Z" and guessing at material thicknesses. You guys keep up the great work!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.