Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
Mike
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You do pay for upgrades unless you purchased in the last year, or at least that's how it used to be.

Cost for upgrades depends on what Vectric software you own. Upgrading from one version to the next version of the same software prices range from $50 for Cut2D Desktop to $400 for Aspire. V-Carve Pro would be $175.

That all depends on Vectric not changing prices.

Reactions: difalkner

·
Registered
603 Posts
When purchasing a full version, you get free upgrades for a year. If purchasing an upgrade, you get free upgrades for 90 days. So, if you had VCarve Pro 7, and upgrading to 9.5, you would get version 10 for free if it were released within 90 days.

There's no penalty for skipping versions, so you can upgrade to the current version from any previous version for the same price.

·
Registered
Mike
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Is that a router mounted on something cutting wood? omg i cant wait
I want to see some with information about new features, not sure what they will be adding or enhancing.

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Only reason I'd get it is so I'll be able to share files and get Vectric's newest projects. If the others don't get it, then I won't. Heck, I could still probably get by with Version 4.5 or less.

Reactions: kp91

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,196 Posts
Does Vectric allow you to save for previous versions?

In CorelDraw X8 (18) I can save all the way back to all the way back to Version 11 which makes it easy to share files with those who don't have the latest version. CorelDraw has updated since X8 but all the people I share files with have X7 and older so it's not an issue for me.

David

·
Registered
603 Posts
Does Vectric allow you to save for previous versions?

No, it does NOT. It only saves in the current version. I don't know for sure if the file format always changes between versions, but it likely does, to support new features.

You can export vectors and 3D models in other formats, to import into older versions, but there's no simple way to save toolpaths for older versions.

·
Registered
Mike
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I see several pluses to the Level Clipping feature.

You can keep the whole components and move them around at any time and they will automatically be limited to your Clipping Level Vector. Before you needed to wait until you were through moving the component around before cropping to the project. There were possible problems with the old way you worked a file. One obvious to me would be when you send the customer a picture for approval and they want one of the cropped components moved into the project slightly. You had to delete the old component then re-import the component and re-crop the component before saving new pictures for approval.

With the new Level Clipping feature you just move the component and re-save pictures. This auto eliminates the part of a component when it is outside of the cropping vector you define on the Clipping Level. Move a component and it is auto clipped. This could save a lot of time if you do a lot of custom design work using a lot of components that overlap the project design limits.

But I do see this as a not for everyone feature.

·
Registered
Mike
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Here is one more I missed ... Welding Text.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1168535217457569792

This will save some steps if you use a lot of script fonts that overlap. You still have the required vector conversion but it does look at it as text and automatically ignores the open center letters.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Text welding should be a time saver for sign makers. I do a few v-carving toolpath on text and currently fonts with considerable overlap of letters are a pain to deal with. Curious if the welding step retains the text editability of a text item?

4D

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.