Router Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody seen or used the Venturi Vacuum System w/Air Compressor Adapter? Fairly inexpensive way to have a vacuum clamping system?

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
I talked to my veneer guy about these. He has a couple of these systems for small bag projects as he liked to call em. He liked them for their simplicity. For clamping I"d be very interested as well in various application possibilities....

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I talked to my veneer guy about these. He has a couple of these systems for small bag projects as he liked to call em. He liked them for their simplicity. For clamping I"d be very interested as well in various application possibilities....
I received the ad from Infinity Tools. Cost is about $80 which seemed reasonable. It attaches to a compressor....another use for the compressor.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
would a hock shop draw down vacuum pump for HVAC use work...

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
extended run times??? overheating. I don't know that a cheapy model would hold up?

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
solve all of that...
find a draw down pump...

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
You're going to need a big air compressor, since these require several CFM for the whole time that you need vacuum. A real vacuum pump will be much cheaper to operate, and a necessity if you will be vacuum veneering because of the long drying times that will require full vacuum levels. For clamping, you might get away with using one if you will only require vacuum for short periods, but the real vacuum pump would be the better way to go if you will be doing this often.

I'm agreeing with Stick.

Charley

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You're going to need a big air compressor, since these require several CFM for the whole time that you need vacuum. A real vacuum pump will be much cheaper to operate, and a necessity if you will be vacuum veneering because of the long drying times that will require full vacuum levels. For clamping, you might get away with using one if you will only require vacuum for short periods, but the real vacuum pump would be the better way to go if you will be doing this often.

I'm agreeing with Stick.

Charley
I was thinking about using it for clamping.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

I'm agreeing with Stick.

Charley
oh WOW!!!

once he gets a vacuum pump...
oh will the horizons open up...
this ONLY/JUST for cliche is so weak........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts