·
Registered
31,264 Posts
looks like a thing of beauty to me...

Reactions: old55 and brille

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hmm. I never thought of a rolling cutter. Nice job! I suppose one could use the cutter from an old can opener.

I took a more traditional approach...cut a hardwood block in half, dadoed each half, drilled one and installed a threaded insert, glued the halves together, drilled a small hole in the beam and tapped in a brad that had been filed to more resemble a knife blade. Doesn't look pretty but it works.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Hey, Guys, I doubt your going to take them to the fair. In any case we have judged them to be worthy of a blue ribbon.

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
I suppose one could use the cutter from an old can opener.
If you use the rotary cutter blade, be VERY careful. They are essentially a round razor blade, and sharp as [email protected]!!.... SWMBO is a quilting addict and uses these to cut her material and I've got the scars to prove it. :surprise:

That is a nice marking gauge tho.. might have to abscond with one of her cutters and make one.

Reactions: brille

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Hmm. I never thought of a rolling cutter. Nice job! I suppose one could use the cutter from an old can opener.

I took a more traditional approach...cut a hardwood block in half, dadoed each half, drilled one and installed a threaded insert, glued the halves together, drilled a small hole in the beam and tapped in a brad that had been filed to more resemble a knife blade. Doesn't look pretty but it works.
or a tile cutter...

Reactions: brille

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Dan :D and Wayne!
It's cheap and it works great. But I am already thinking about how to build a Dual Marking Gauge similar to Veritas or one with two blades.

Best regards to all!

Uwe

1 - 15 of 15 Posts