Router Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
I don't see any reason to use fuses in front of the breaker, as they both serve the same purpose?

Also, I wouldn't use an E Stop to kill power the VFD.
It's not good for the VFD, and it won't stop the spindle from spinning. It could spin for another 20-30 seconds or more.
A better choice would be to wire the Estop to an input on the VFD to issue a "Stop" command, which would stop the spindle much faster.

·
Registered
603 Posts
with all do respects... an "emergency stop", being a safety control, should not be integrated into a software environment where it can be caught up in a software loop and rendered useless.
I never said anything about software controlling the Estop. I wouldn't recommend that either.
I've run a couple $150,000 industrial routers, and they do not cut power to the VFD with an Estop. Mainly because that does not stop the spindle from spinning.

Steve, the guys that gave you advice on CNC Zone are far more knowledgeable than me, but basically gave the same advice.

There are a lot of ways to stop the spindle on an Estop that are better than killing the power to the VFD.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.