Router Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
That looks fine, assuming that you have verified all of the power requirements for each device. take care when making your connections, with 15 amp protection, you should use 14 gauge solid or stranded wire. stranded flexes better for this typ of wiring. follow the manufacturer power up sequence if there is one.

others may have thoughts i may have missed... good luck - keep us informed.

·
Registered
281 Posts
"A better choice would be to wire the Estop to an input on the VFD to issue a "Stop" command, which would stop the spindle much faster"

with all do respects... an "emergency stop", being a safety control, should not be integrated into a software environment where it can be caught up in a software loop and rendered useless. E Stops should remain as a hard-wired electrical disconnect. now, if you wanted to wire in another spindle stop button to be software controlled - have at it...

·
Registered
281 Posts
i apologize, i must have misinterpreted this comment "... to an input on the VFD to issue a "Stop" command".

maybe the other set of contacts on the E Stop switch could be wired to continue power to the spindle VFD for a graceful shutdown.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.