Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
Hi All
I would like to know what causes vibration sometimes when cutting the end of the wood and how to avoid it
Thanks for the information
Stuart
Which tool. If it's a router, which router? What bit specifically? Need more info.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
planer or table saw???

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
are you sure it isn't chatter???

Reactions: MEBCWD

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
what does your cuts look like???

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
got any pictures...

·
Registered
21,682 Posts
Is it the workpiece that's vibrating a little up and down as it passes the blade? Or the saw itself vibrating? The first is more like chatter. Check the blade, tooth by tooth, any broken, chipped or out of line. Is the board twisted slightly (laying on the flat table, it rocks slightly side to side), or otherwise not straight and flat, then that could cause a problem.

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
Not sure what a "rail" bit is. What size is the Bosch motor? Is it variable speed?
You could be taking too big/deep of a cut. Also, the end grain should be cut first. Then, the long grain cut will take away any tear out.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gentlemen thanks for the come back.
I'm Practicing to make raised panel shutters and sometimes I get a shutter in the wood when I cut the ends of the rails no problem with the stiles my bits are new.
Stuart

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Gentlemen thanks for the come back.
I'm Practicing to make raised panel shutters and sometimes I get a shutter in the wood when I cut the ends of the rails no problem with the stiles my bits are new.
Stuart
lack of feather boards...
you are not maintaining uniform feed...
whose bit are you using...

Reactions: MT Stringer

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
are you using a starter pin???

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
see if these PDF's will help???

Attachments

Reactions: Danman1957

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
here is a link to a slew of PDF's...
take the time to read them.... there is a wealth of you need to know there...

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Is it the workpiece that's vibrating a little up and down as it passes the blade? Or the saw itself vibrating? The first is more like chatter. Check the blade, tooth by tooth, any broken, chipped or out of line. Is the board twisted slightly (laying on the flat table, it rocks slightly side to side), or otherwise not straight and flat, then that could cause a problem.
not the TS...
we're talking router table here...

·
Super Moderator
5,816 Posts
Slow feed rate.

BTW, are you using a support to push the board past the cutter? A coping sled will help. Mine is a homemade mcgaffarin'! :grin:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.