Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 2 years of work & collecting desired componants and hardware, I managed to complete this project. Of course we moved to smaller housing, making this wonderful piece a space problem. The pedament is a walnut antique piece I purchased on e-bay. The coat hangers are new from Restoration Hardware. The bun feet, from Windsor Plywood and the mirror and frame I found at a liquidation store. The turned seat legs are from an antique dining chair I salvaged from the curb. There are 3 small decorations from an old clock parts box. The rest, I designed and built from my own ideas. I bought 40 brd. ft. of black walnut and did half lap joints with glue-only. The storage seat has 1/2" box joints, barely visible in the dark walnut. The umbrella buckets are simple waste baskets. ( I tried for years to find old brass pots). I made all the finish mouldings with my router and table saw. The finish is simply natural walnut without stain. I wanted a durable finish, so used spray varathane. Over all dimentions: 50" W. X 7' H. X 18" D. This is the largest of all my projects and as a complete amateur, I confess, I even surprised myself at how well this turned out.
P S I had just enough walnut left over to make a 10 X 14 x 10 keepsake box.

Attachments

·
Official Greeter
19,830 Posts
Reg, for a complete amateur, I would be very pleased. Great result.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank You All

Thank you for looking and commenting. I love doing the woodworking. I must do smaller projects from here on as my wife has threatened to move out if we take in any more furniture. I can manage, but I think I'm adicted to sawdust.
Here are some photos of the keepsake box I made from the left overs.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.