Router Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Mr. Nixon, I'm fixing to build a version of your super sled this week, I began gluing up the rear fence and cut a somewhat modified front bar this evening. I'm considering hold downs on the front bar.

I began constructing a few cabinets for my very small shop in a continuing effort to organize for greater productivity.
I love my Incra 3000se miter it's amazing and perfect for smaller lighter stock but severely lacking when it comes to crosscutting panels.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mr. Nixon, I'm fixing to build a version of your super sled this week, I began gluing up the rear fence and cut a somewhat modified front bar this evening. I'm considering hold downs on the front bar.

I began constructing a few cabinets for my very small shop in a continuing effort to organize for greater productivity.
I love my Incra 3000se miter it's amazing and perfect for smaller lighter stock but severely lacking when it comes to crosscutting panels.
Thanks Ghidrah. I think you'll get good results from a larger capacity crosscut sled. I don't know what I'd do without one! Please post some pictures of your sled when you finish it.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Will do, once I get the sled in a functional state I'll post the pics. Last night I cut the 4 slots and T bolt recesses. My base is 24x39 and it orients right of blade. My back fence will be a smidge wider than your model, 2 7/8x3 1/2x48.

I ordered a flip stop and 48" T track today. I'll still end up making a couple of your stops as primary stops behind the flip.

I'm considering the 30" (Jig and Fixture Bar) from Kreg for the (left of blade) miter bar instead of UHMW. I sent Kreg an email question asking if the bar has the anti tip washer at the leading end.
With the extra weight of the sled and maybe large panels the sled will be back heavy. Hopefully it'll be hassle free sliding it into the track I'll use the UHMW for the right of blade track bar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts