Router Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finished the latest accessory for the Super Sled - the Tenon Jig.
It's pretty darn easy to build. Given the cost of commercial tenon jigs, you could easily make this one with the scrap plywood you have laying around.

To watch the video , click here:
Super Sled - Crosscut and Miter Sled

The Tenon Jig's features include:
  • micro adjustment feature
  • built in scale
  • unique leveling system

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Hi John,

Very nicely done. :)

A while back I made something similar. At first I liked it, then I discovered a major flaw with it. Movement. It was just simply too "light". I've ended up scraping mine & purchased one from Grizzly.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi John

Very Nice,,, I know it's for your new sled setup,, I also made one for the table saw,,:)
it's not as nice as yours, but just one more way to have one....without putting out the bucks for a item that you don't use all the time :)

=====

Attachments

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Great job, John! That's really a neat system you came up with. I like it a lot.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi John

Very Nice,,, I know it's for your new sled setup,, I also made one for the table saw,,:)
it's not as nice as yours, but just one more way to have one....without putting out the bucks for item that you don't use all the time :)

=====
Holy cow Bob, that's intense. That's cool looking! I think yours is nicer! It's really nice to make accurate and useful jigs instead of buying them. Thanks for posting your tenon jig, I enjoyed seeing another design.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi John,

Very nicely done. :)

A while back I made something similar. At first I liked it, then I discovered a major flaw with it. Movement. It was just simply too "light". I've ended up scraping mine & purchased one from Grizzly.
Thanks Hamlin. This tenon jig has a really good feel of stability and is weighted nicely when it's attached to the sled.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Thanks Nicolas

I'm a cheap old SOB,,,and I do like to make my own tools :)

Sometimes they work better than the fac. made ones..

====

Hi bobj3

I like your jig a lot, kind of complicated but excellent workmanship

Nicolas

1 - 12 of 12 Posts