Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone interested in being a volunteer author for RouterForums.com?

Your articles will have your profile "about" information shown in the footer of your articles.

You would also have an author tab on your profile.

And you would show up on the member page when the author link is clicked.

If you are interested, reach out to me and I can explain more.

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
Not quite sure what kinds of copy you want. Are these supposed to be fairly complete articles on a specific topic? How tos about a specific project or type of project? Personal accounts, like "My Picture Frame Adventure, what I've learned from painful experience." How about a research article on alternative ways to make a strong butt joint?

How long would you want them to be, or does it matter? I've spent almost half a century writing and speaking for a living, so this is interesting to me. And Gaffboat should definitely be included. He's doing some stuff on a CNC facebook page that could as easily show up on the Forums.

·
Administrator
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not quite sure what kinds of copy you want. Are these supposed to be fairly complete articles on a specific topic? How tos about a specific project or type of project? Personal accounts, like "My Picture Frame Adventure, what I've learned from painful experience." How about a research article on alternative ways to make a strong butt joint?

How long would you want them to be, or does it matter? I've spent almost half a century writing and speaking for a living, so this is interesting to me. And Gaffboat should definitely be included. He's doing some stuff on a CNC facebook page that could as easily show up on the Forums.
This would be wide open to topics that y'all feel may interest the community from brand new woodworkers to experienced.

It could be tutorials on how to build ___.

Tips To Overcome________.

How to __.

How to restore___________.

The ideas are endless.

I hope you will consider this. If you do, we can set up some time for me to show you how it works. (It is super simple.)

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
This would be wide open to topics that y'all feel may interest the community from brand new woodworkers to experienced.

I hope you will consider this. If you do, we can set up some time for me to show you how it works. (It is super simple.)
OK, count me in. Can we include pictures or illustrations?

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
Absolutely. In fact, they need to include pictures. Let's set up a time early next week so I can show you how it works.

- Cricket
My cell is nine four nine 244 three two one four, but I have trouble speaking clearly on the phone, and I don't always hear my phone. So let's set up a time via email. I am fairly computer savvy, so one option is to produce copy in Word, then indicate pictures and use that to generate what format you need. PDF is possible, but I don't think it will appear as you'd like. What format are you thinking of, or will I just load in on a special page?

I'm thinking of doing something on my adventures making picture frames for my wife's art. Getting perfect mitered corners was a serious challenge, including finding or making stock. Could be fairly long.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I am very seriously thinking about rewriting the Forum essay on woodworking from a wheelchair.

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
I am very seriously thinking about rewriting the Forum essay on woodworking from a wheelchair.
I think that would be a great piece indeed.

Hopefully the Forum folks will find ways to promote this kind of article on social media, and even in print.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
@dman2

Sorry, should have been more specific - "Does the article become the property of the Forum, or does the author retain ownership?

·
Registered
155 Posts
@dman2

Sorry, should have been more specific - "Does the article become the property of the Forum, or does the author retain ownership?
Yes, I retain ownership, but you are free to use it / copy it / reproduce it in the forum / redirect it from the forum, if it is used for non-commercial, educational purposes -- provided you give me appropriate credit.

·
Registered
Theo
6,932 Posts
I can't stand in one spot for more than a minute at the most now, because of my back. Which means that 99.99999% of my work is done sitting down. So if you decide to write this, PM me and perhaps I can give you a bit of input. I don't use a wheel chair, but find a reclining office chair works wonders.

Reactions: TWheels

·
Registered
Theo
6,932 Posts
I am open to doing one on how I make my banks. But have some things with a much higher priority just now, so it would be awhile before I could get to it. And, no, some of my banks are not done like other people do.

·
Administrator
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Does the work remain the property of the author?
Like anything posted on any forum, you give the site copyright permission to display it on our site. It should not be information that you post on multiple sites.

·
Administrator
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am open to doing one on how I make my banks. But have some things with a much higher priority just now, so it would be awhile before I could get to it. And, no, some of my banks are not done like other people do.
Just let me know when you are ready.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I see a 'premium' part of the forum has been added for $20/yr, and I am listed as a member.
1. Are these articles available only to paid subscribers (premium members)?
2. I assume you will charge me $20/yr at some point. True?

·
Administrator
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I see a 'premium' part of the forum has been added for $20/yr, and I am listed as a member.
1. Are these articles available only to paid subscribers (premium members)?
2. I assume you will charge me $20/yr at some point. True?
No. Articles will be available for ALL members.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts