Router Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
Frank
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two Grand Daughters, so I had to make two wagons. Both are made 100% from Walnut. The tongue is made up from layers of 1/8" strips, bent and glued in a form that I made. Did not have to steam bend. The handle on the end of the tongue was copied from an old antique shovel that was in my garage. The wheels have a rubber fan belt to serve as the "rubber on the road". The racks are removable. Since these pictures were taken, I learned that the tongue was too long, so I have shortened them. The last thing I did was use all brass hardware to assemble the wagons. This is not my design. A friend of mine had so plans, so I copied them.

Frank

Attachments

·
Registered
Mike
3,940 Posts
Nice job on the wagons. I do see where the tongue was too long for them to be used by a child riding on his own.

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,236 Posts
Those are some fancy wagons, Frank. Nicely done.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Nice work Frank. The smiles tell the story. Love the rubber tyres and the curved handle. Beautiful job.

Cheers, Kerry

·
Premium Member
Frank
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tom,

The wheels are Walnut. I used a circle jig to cut the circle. I used a bushing for the through axle. On the outer edge is a groove that accepts a fan belt. This was done so the wood does not touch the ground. My Grand Daughters are now 15 years old and both wagons are now kept in the house to collect “things”.

Thank to everyone for your kind comments.

Frank

·
Registered
21,666 Posts
Thanks for the feedback on the wheels. Clever using a fanbelt as a tire. I guess you could get metal and rubber wheels online, but having wooden wheels is kind of classy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.