Router Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I make other things besides toys.
This a marble game that use to play when I was a kid. We called it wahoo, some call it aggravation. It has a lot of different names, depends on what part of the country you are in.
I use 1/2 inch plywood framed with pine. I usually stain these, but I tried something different with this one by painting it. I use a plunge router with a 1/2 inch round nose bit to make the holes. The marbles fit the holes perfect.
This probably my best seller. Sorry the pic isn't very good.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
wahoo board for my daughter

In our family we grew up playing this game but we called it murder. this is the second board of this type that i have made but i changed it up and made it an eight player game. it also has a chess/checker board on the reverse side.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
Just a great looking game table ya got there Don!! I'm particually taken with the "murder' side. Great color, great layout...most impressive!!

·
Official Greeter
19,758 Posts
Donald, the table looks too nice to drill holes in....

Great inlay work.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Yes I make other things besides toys.
This a marble game that use to play when I was a kid. We called it wahoo, some call it aggravation. It has a lot of different names, depends on what part of the country you are in.
I use 1/2 inch plywood framed with pine. I usually stain these, but I tried something different with this one by painting it. I use a plunge router with a 1/2 inch round nose bit to make the holes. The marbles fit the holes perfect.
This probably my best seller. Sorry the pic isn't very good.
Very kewl, Charles! I remember that game! Now did you frame the painted piece, or did you feather the paint at the edges, burn it.....?

Barb

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Very Kewl, Donald - nice work on the details of the stars.

Barb

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Good work Donald, I also make them(Wahoo) as my Wife's family calls it but I kinda like the name "Murder"

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in Tyler Tx. I believe you said you live in East Texas.. I live in a senior retirement apt
and we get so bored. I am looking for Wahoo board at least 24 in. Sq.

Please let me know and at what cost

Thank you

·
Official Greeter
19,758 Posts
I live in Tyler Tx. I believe you said you live in East Texas.. I live in a senior retirement apt
and we get so bored. I am looking for Wahoo board at least 24 in. Sq.

Please let me know and at what cost

Thank you

Welcome to the forum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.