Router Forums banner

Wahoo Board

17K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  old55 
#1 ·
Yes I make other things besides toys.
This a marble game that use to play when I was a kid. We called it wahoo, some call it aggravation. It has a lot of different names, depends on what part of the country you are in.
I use 1/2 inch plywood framed with pine. I usually stain these, but I tried something different with this one by painting it. I use a plunge router with a 1/2 inch round nose bit to make the holes. The marbles fit the holes perfect.
This probably my best seller. Sorry the pic isn't very good.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
wahoo board for my daughter

In our family we grew up playing this game but we called it murder. this is the second board of this type that i have made but i changed it up and made it an eight player game. it also has a chess/checker board on the reverse side.

Attachments

#5 ·
Donald, the table looks too nice to drill holes in....

Great inlay work.

#6 ·
Very kewl, Charles! I remember that game! Now did you frame the painted piece, or did you feather the paint at the edges, burn it.....?

Barb

#7 ·
Very Kewl, Donald - nice work on the details of the stars.

Barb

#16 ·
We played Parcheesi, which is the same game. My brother always won, very irritating until I realized he was cheating using loaded dice.

Welcome @yoursugarpacket. My late brother made these, but without all the beautiful inlays. I suggest you start a new string and ask if anyone is making fancy parcheesi boards out of wood. I know you can buy the flat cardboard folding games. Lots of wooden ones on ebay, some pretty fancy, some basic. I think most come with marbles. Actually didn't find a quick source for matching marble sets.