Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'm running it now on my desktop (was win 7) and installing on my win 8.1 Ultrabook right now. So far, no problems. Those kinds of error reports are certainly very annoying, but not unheard of in all but the most mature SW. With the EDA tools I use at work I've seen far worse!

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Geez! And I was going to upgrade the wife's laptop. Maybe I'll wait a while...
...at least until you find out what happened...teehee...

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I've been getting an "Upgrade to 10" window a couple 3 times a week at boot up.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
I've been getting an "Upgrade to 10" window a couple 3 times a week at boot up.
me too...
doan'ja just love getting things forced on ya...

Reactions: jw2170

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
that hurts my head...

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
10 installed quick and easy on my Acer laptop. I noticed something that may help others: when I clicked on Pictures in the directory tree it didn't expand to show the other folders in the tree. This is because of the Quick Links at the top of the tree. If you go down to This PC the Pictures works normally. So far I like it.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I think if I ever purchase 10 it'll be after its been running or not for a couple yrs. I bought 98 when it came out and for the most it was fine, we had a few BSsOD but all were related to CLLs and driver issues and easily remedied. We stayed with 98, ignored the iterations between it and XP and bought XP in fall 02 when we gave Frankie II to oldest for Uni.

Built Frankie III. Never had a BSOD on XP. Ignored Vista like the plague 07 Frankie II died gave her III, built IV he died in 2012. Win 7 had been out a while and I didn't find any true biatches about it. And don't have any complaints outside of how bloated the OS is.

·
Registered
504 Posts
What about error messages like ...

"Oops."

"Uh oh. That's not good."

"Pffffft"

"The computer you are attempting to install this software onto does not exist. Please install this software onto a computer."

"Please hold for the next available operating system..."

"C:\"

"CRITICAL HARD DRIVE ERROR! To avoid losing all of your DATA press ONLY THE KEY NOW!"

"Folder 'C:\ *.*' uploaded to D.H.S. as requested"

"Press any key to abort installation. Press any other key to continue."

"D.H.S. Chat ONLINE! Hello. this is Agent 357. How may I help you today?"

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
What about error messages like ...

"Oops."

"Uh oh. That's not good."

"Pffffft"

"The computer you are attempting to install this software onto does not exist. Please install this software onto a computer."

"Please hold for the next available operating system..."

"C:\"

"CRITICAL HARD DRIVE ERROR! To avoid losing all of your DATA press ONLY THE KEY NOW!"

"Folder 'C:\ *.*' uploaded to D.H.S. as requested"

"Press any key to abort installation. Press any other key to continue."

"D.H.S. Chat ONLINE! Hello. this is Agent 357. How may I help you today?"

add...

Reactions: brille

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
A while back, I looked in MS help for a problem I was having. After the first suggested remedy, the second was "ask a friend for help".

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Now y'all have me nervous! I have a super-computer (for my business) being built at the moment. Umpteen terabytes of memory, umpteen gigabytes of RAM, double large monitors (to me, at least) 20" & 27", blah, blah & blah. I'll be running AutoCAD 2015, Inventor 2015, AutoCAD Architecture, AutoCAD Mechanical, Vault Basic, Showcase, Factory Design, AutoCAD Raster Design, AutoDesk ReCap, 3D Max Design & Navisworks software for drafting.
I'll also be running full packages of Microsoft Office, Adobe, etc.

I do have an in-house IT guy that said he can get me Windows 10, but hasn't yet actually "got his hands on it".

Question: Would I be better-off going with Windows 7 and upgrading to 10 down the road?

Thanks so much,
Otis Guillebeau from Auburn, Georgia

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Question: Would I be better-off going with Windows 7 and upgrading to 10 down the road?

Thanks so much,
Otis Guillebeau from Auburn, Georgia
Currently, what is broken?
That could answer the question!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
If I had ever gotten any of the error messes you posted I would have taken the pile out back and shot it.

Reactions: JFPNCM
1 - 20 of 110 Posts