Router Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to take the scraps to the landfill next week, and needed the tapered plugs for the turtles I'm working on so took the opportunity to punch out 100 or so and have them ready for when needed. Each needs 32 plugs so I'm ready for when I have earned some more shop time.

Looks like dust collection for the DP definitely needs to get added to my to-do list.

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
if you ''delegate'' and don't paint you won't have to wait for it to dry...

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I love those tapered plug cutters. A must have tool in my opinion.

Reactions: MT Stringer

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Tom there is a saying; "Waste not want not."

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if you ''delegate'' and don't paint you won't have to wait for it to dry...
Many years ago, my wife helped a girlfriend paint the outside of her house, the two of them wound up with more dark green paint on themselves than on the house. And her painting skills haven't improved with time - or maybe that's a sneaky way of getting out of painting?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I love those tapered plug cutters. A must have tool in my opinion.
They are simply the best. Got mine from L.V. years ago and they're still good. Used to use hundreds of plugs in boatbuilding. :smile:

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
pickled turtles are tasty...
better than pickled eggs...

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
@Herb Stoops

Well, one can shoot fish in a barrel but then what's the fun in that. Besides I think Stick's dog would object.

Not sure how many turtles make up a bale but oddly the same number (whatever that is) can also be referred to as a turn. A peck on the other hand is usually 25 or at least it is when referring to oysters.

Pickled turtles over pickled eggs, worth a try.

:laugh2:

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Great idea for down time activity...and I love those plugs too...they're great...

On another note...I couldn't help but notice the growth rings on the wood...wonder what they feed the trees to grow so quickly.

...turtles...? Poetic justice that you make turtles out of the trees if that's the case... :)

Reactions: Herb Stoops

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Working on three at the moment, I have a pile of 2x6's stacked and stickered, feel like they're dry enough to rip to width and start cutting to length.
I used standard or better KD fir for my first one. Assembled it yesterday and added a coat of primer. Once Carol has it painted I'll spray on a clear coat sealer and hopefully post a picture. But, now the rains are back so it'll be awhile.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts