Router Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was playing around with optical illusions when I came up with a variation on the old "4 to 3" illusion. I am going to cut this out of a sheet of 48x96 steel and mount it to the exterior wall of my shop, just for giggles. I suppose it could be routed into a sheet of plywood just as easily.

Joe

Attachments

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
New Twist on Old Illusion

You have probably seen the "four to three" illusion. I decided to play with it to make it a bit more perplexing. Enjoy!

Joe

Dang it! I meant to append this to the other thread "Wall Art" but I cannot see a way to DELETE one or the other.

Sorry for the double post.

Joe

Attachments

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I merged the two threads for you, Joe. Now I want to see your project in the shop and being worked on... :wink:

David
Thank you David. How do I delete a post I made? I didn't see any way to do that.

This project is growing, (like every other project I do :surprise: ) The size of the art piece is currently 12 feet high and 10 feet wide, and might be cut from three 4x10 foot sheets of stainless steel. I may decide to scale it down a bit, but the problem of the strips between the two sides becoming too thin arises. The smaller I make the piece, the thinner the strips become, and at some point it gets flimsy. right now that are 5/8" wide. Maybe I should fit it into an 8'x8' square, and turn it into my own 'Barn Quilt' They are popular around 'these parts!'

Just like my "FrankenBarn," a planned 600 sq. ft. workshop on a concrete pad that morphed into a 6,000 sq. ft. workshop with a 32'x48' basement, two 32'x60' floors above ground and a full attic space 12'x60, I tend to get carried away when I start into something. "Bigger is better!"

Hey! I think I will ROUTE the design into a sheet of hardboard first, and see how that comes out. The grooves can be thin then, and the design will still hold together ...:wink:

As they say in Kentucky, "All y'all have a very Merry Christmas!"

Joe

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,189 Posts
I think you have to do that within the 'edit time' window. After that a moderator can do it for you. Seems like the edit time window is about 30 minutes but I'm not certain.

12' x 10' is huge! Can't wait to see it.

David

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.