Router Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im Looking for a used Terrco/Marlin CM-614 or CM-624 model Duplicarver or a similar brand/model. This is for Violin, Mandolin, Guitar building. Im located in North Carolina, USA.

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
Welcome to the forum, James.

·
Registered
Theo
7,136 Posts
Well, I'm a great fan of making my own stuff, if I can. If I wanted one, that's what I would do, make my own; that way you get to save money, and customize it to your specific wants/needs. Found this out there, and seems to be as good as any, and possibly better than most. Guy is using it for banjo making. My Homemade Copy Carver or Duplicarver to aid in Banjo Construction - YouTube And, I would say you should be able to make a working version out of wood/plywood if you cared to - but I would think the welded tubing would hold up better for long term.

And that reminds me, I've got a banjo about half finished out in the shop, need to start putting in some work time on that. Then I can learn how to play it. :haha:
Mine will have some unknown hard-as-a-rock pallet wood; and from my property, courtesy of a hurricane years ago, dogwood, hickory, oak, holly, probably pine; plywood; two brass screws; and possibly a bit of door skin.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, Theo. I actually purchased the CC plans a while back. I realy want something made of steel like what Terrco makes however I dont weld. Rather just buy something if I can find it at a reasonable price. Good luck with the banjo

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Welcome to the forum, James.
Am delighted with the welcome and look forward to sharing info re routing and etc. Right now am a little frustrated in that I haven't yet got my new FT 1700 going yet. Reason is the spindle won't lock which of course does not allow a bit to be properly installed or even removed. Waiting on Freud to send a part that will allow the locking pin to engage with the spindle. If this doesn't work it's going back to the dealer which may prove a bit complicated as it came with the matching table now assembled and ready for work. Hope they can part exchange it or am in doodoo!
Hope to get busy this coming week after the replacement part arrives ...keep you posted...
Cheers William
Belleville Ontario

1 - 7 of 7 Posts