Router Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am trying to source an Elu table manufactured for accepting an Elu 96 router. The table is unique in that it is one of the few, possibly the only table every made on which one can adjust the HORIZONTAL position of the router in relation to the built in guide rails on the table top. Does any have one in working order which they might like to find a new home for? I am happy to buy the thing at a reasonable price to save my having to build one. Many thanks for reading this. Paul UK

:help:

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Paul, there is a book by Bill Hylton that includes a plan for a tilting motor router table. It is a well thought out design and not too difficult to build. Bill has some very interesting ideas on ways to use your router. Do a Google search for it.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Unless you use the brackets on the bottom of the feet, to screw it to a surface, it will fall over with the router in a horizontal position. The table is a bit small. Build your own version.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Paul

Look for a deWalt DE6900. They can often be had for £50 or so on eBay (new).

As Mike says they do need securing to the bench (which is why Elu designed and supplied clamping pieces for the legs, I suppose)

Regards

Phil

·
Registered
68 Posts
i would prefer to build my own table. i bought a table when i first started out, and soon found how inadequate they are.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Looks like a joke for a router table :)
Maybe a joke to you, Bob, but it is exactly what the OP asked about........... Remember, the MOF96 is an 8mm router, not a P-C 7539

Funny what amuses people these days

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Paul, there is a book by Bill Hylton that includes a plan for a tilting motor router table. It is a well thought out design and not too difficult to build. Bill has some very interesting ideas on ways to use your router. Do a Google search for it.
Dear Mike
My sincere apologies for such a protracted delay in to your post. I try to limit myself on a computer and in so doing failed totally to look at this site. That may now change! Anyway I did manage to source a brand new, unused router table of the type I was seeking, so all is well. Thanks for your time. I'll certainly have a look at the book you suggested. Many thanks. Paul

1 - 9 of 9 Posts