Router Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What I am after is a template kit that I can make up signs and so forth (for me upcoming new member to the family). I have seen several I like yet the freight to get it to New Zealand is the trouble!! Let me know if anyone has one they want to get rid of!!

Cheers all
Aaron

·
Registered
394 Posts
Aaron,
This is what I use for signs (not getting rid of it -- but might give you some ideas for looking locally).

The only online source that I have found for a similiar carver is Terrco CM-Series Sign Carving

Overkill for sure if you are only looking to make a couple signs, but if you are wanting to make quite a few this is a very handy setup.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yip that's the bunny!! Thanks very much for that ... I'll look into it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Ron. Over on the other side of the world I don't get the chance to find out about these places.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just bought the one from Lee Valley that Julie mentions, love it, it works like a charm, just make sure you have brass guide bushings, the ones that came with the kit are the only drawback, they're a little wonky. :D

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
The Lee Valley kit shown on the link Julie posted ($55) is identical to the one Sears sells for $20 with the exception that the horizontal rods are longer. I have one and it does a good job for a small price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts