Router Forums banner

Wanted! pictures of your router table!

667K views 1K replies 386 participants last post by  jw2170 
#1 ·
Okay members, here is your chance to brag. My son in GA, wants to see pictures of router tables to give him some ideas for his. I told him to look at mine and he don't need to see any others, but he didn't believe me. :)
So here are 3 of mine to get us started. Lets show him what you got.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I think he should have enough seeing yours; I'd be embarrassed showing him mine!

#4 ·
Gee whiz, thanks for making my OP table look inadequate now. :D :p

#5 ·
Come on fellows!!!! This is for my son. He don't like mine, because they are too elaborate. He has a custom cabinet/furniture shop. He needs a table he can cut the OP type dovetail drawers on! He has the PC routers already and the OP system. He needs help on which lift system to get and a more functional table. (not sure I understand that part, I've been able to do anything I have wanted to on mine so far??)
Note: I have the old type Jessem lifts, which have served me well, but I'm sure there are better ones out there by now!

So please help him!!

#6 · (Edited)
Okay.... Okay.... Harry, since you asked so nice, I'll reluctantly show mine. At first I built mine, but found it quite large and cumbersome, so I sold it and went with the Oak Park and have never looked back. "KISS" is so much better for my needs.

There are many more shots in the early part of my gallery if you want to explore further.

Attachments

#7 ·
Hi Harry,

I'd share a photo of mine but, not much since to it, since, it's almost identical to Bob's. Only difference is, I have the OP stand with mine. It's nothing fancy, not needed for me. Again, Bob said it best, "K.I.S.S." is so much better. :)

#10 ·
Harry...

hope your son has as much fun building his, as i did mine...

Attachments

#13 ·
Charles,
I gotta ask. Are you making aquariums? Looking at your post. It reminds me of when the shop had me make two 1,000 gallon tanks (one salt, one fresh) for the wing commander’s lobby. That was a learning experience!!

#15 ·
Here is mine. I built it large enough to double as a work bench because space is limited. I believe it was member Trap, that posted one with a tool chest in it, so thats where I got that idea. Sears stores usually have 1 or 2 marked down with a small dent somewhere. There are no tracks, or slots, but I did build a fully adjustable fence with t-tracks that can be clamped on (it can be found in my gallery). Or I can use my Incra jig for a fence. The base is common 2x4's, doubled, and cut to form half-laps. The router hangs in an open ended plywood box. And the top is two layers of 3/4" mdf, wrapped with sappele.

Attachments

#16 ·
K i s s

here's my current table.

Simple, portable, effective

and I am not embarrassed that it is an OP table.........

maybe when I get some talent, I will be able to make a cabinet for it...

James

Attachments

#18 ·
"Now that what I'm Talking About" Guess I just needed to beg a little.

Deb, what's the white hinged box on the right? Looks like a vacuum table?

John, I like the idea of using a tool box. Did you change the drawer slides? Only thing I don't like is the slides on some craftsman boxes, don't open far enough. How wide is your skis, do you get any bowing? John and I been Talking about what is best thing to use for the rods.

James, I want another table but don't have the room. Does that one fold up? Looks like just what I need. Sure looks like a big router, what is that?

Rick, looks like a nice fence. Do you have a closeup of that?
Thanks for getting us started.

#25 ·
I have better pics of the fence you ask for,

The first photo the clamp that holds to the table top has a dowel to pin the to pieces together to keep the bottom form spinning win you tighten the clamp.
the rest are self explanatory..

Attachments

#20 · (Edited)
The hinged box is for router bit storage. I put the hinges on it so I could lift it to a horizontal position when selecting bits. Much easier then standing on my head to get at the bottom ones.:laugh:
I don't have the vacuum plate, just a hose attachment on the left side of the table. It gets most of the dust that falls into the router area.

Attachments

#24 ·
unfortunately I don't have the plans any more.. I made the table and then was asked for the plans and I mailed them off to another member on this forum.. I haven't herd from him since. It was a plan that I got a very long time ago form American Woodworker Mag. this is the post I originally made
http://www.routerforums.com/table-mounted-routing/13040-my-new-router-table.html#post106237

I did some checking and did not find them on the American Woodworker site, but I did find these,
This one is very close to mine perhaps better.?
American Woodworker Router Table - Projects - American Woodworker

here is another one
$100 Router Table - Shop - American Woodworker
Oh and this would make a nice addition to any table..
Shop-Made Router Lift - Shop - American Woodworker

hope some of that helps Good luck and lets see what you come up with...

#28 ·
Im late

Late but I'm here, don't worry James i have your back. I too have the triton for my little table and it is the best under the table router. You have good taste in tools :dance3: . I did build a bench that it gets to sit on and ride on, router table stand/outfeed table/chopsaw table/ left over aquarium stand.

Attachments

#31 · (Edited)
Go gentle on me..

This is a WIP and is my first router table... but I'm experimenting a bit. Up until a bit ago it was an Incra / Jessem lift, PC router and Incra Fence. The last few days I've added the second router (a plunge with a bitjack for table-plunging) and a pin router arm. The plunger can also use the incra fence. I'm hoping to try out some mortise-making with it.

The miter gauge is from my table saw but was designed to fit if needed. The miter track also has Tee track. I still need to make the cabinet base.

Attachments

#35 ·
Nice setup Jim

=====

This is a WIP and is my first router table... but I'm experimenting a bit. Up until a bit ago it was an Incra / Jessem lift, PC router and Incra Fence. The last few days I've added the second router (a plunge with a bitjack for table-plunging) and a pin router arm. The plunger can also use the incra fence. I'm hoping to try out some mortise-making with it.

The miter gauge is from my table saw but was designed to fit if needed. The miter track also has Tee track. I still need to make the cabinet base.