Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Official Greeter
20,404 Posts
K i s s

here's my current table.

Simple, portable, effective

and I am not embarrassed that it is an OP table.........

maybe when I get some talent, I will be able to make a cabinet for it...

James

Attachments

· Official Greeter
20,404 Posts
"
James, I want another table but don't have the room. Does that one fold up? Looks like just what I need. Sure looks like a big router, what is that?
Harry,
The base is just a cheap copy of the B & D Workmate table. It does fold up and I remove the router/plate.

The OP table is screwed to the fully wound out brackets.

Check my post under 'my new toy"

The router is a Triton TRA001, the best under table router on the market...LOL. (stand back from flack)

James

Attachments

· Official Greeter
20,404 Posts
Okay members, here is your chance to brag. My son in GA, wants to see pictures of router tables to give him some ideas for his. I told him to look at mine and he don't need to see any others, but he didn't believe me. :)
So here are 3 of mine to get us started. Lets show him what you got.
Hi Harry,

We showed you ours, lets see yours...LOL.

Has you son built his table yet?

Some photos would be nice..:)

James

· Official Greeter
20,404 Posts
WOW!
When I started this thread I had no idea that it would keep going this long. Thanks to each and all posters. Lots of great stuff here,
"We showed you ours, lets see yours...LOL. Has you son built his table yet?"
James, Three of mine (The ones I use Most) are with my first post! I have 2 more, but they are the old craftsman, portables, not worth showing!!!!
Unfortunately the VA has told my son that he is 100 disabled and must close his business. (Long story) He don’t have room in his garage for all his tools, we don’t know what he will be doing at this point.

Unfortunate news about your son, Harry.

Lets hope he gets a chance to use some of the tools occasionally.

James

James

· Official Greeter
20,404 Posts
I've finally got round to finishing my new table. Used the design from the 'New Yankee' and changed a couple of bits to suit. The top is larger than Norms' and there are wheels on the back so I tilt it back and can move it. The top is double thick MDF and is hinged to make any work to the router easier. I've used a 'routa Lift' from Axminster Tools and it seems fine. The heavy duty build makes it a lot quieter that I'm used to. I learnt lots of new things and managed to produce a reasonable amount of firewood during the build but got there in the end!!!!

Cheers, Keith
great job, Keith

· Official Greeter
20,404 Posts
Very nice, Philippe.

the furniture I have made is not that nice.......LOL

· Official Greeter
20,404 Posts
very nice table, Brian, and welcome to the forum

· Official Greeter
20,404 Posts
Hm, I guess I don't know how to use the forum! I was referring to jw2170's Workmate based table all the way back on page 2! :)
Thanks Jubilee,

I still favour the "keep it simple, stupid' method - that way,I don't have to think too much.:lol:

· Official Greeter
20,404 Posts
Good job, Alexis.

· Official Greeter
20,404 Posts
I hope I am posting this correctly. Anyway, here is the router table that I just built.

Welcome to the forum.

I see you put that Incra fence to good use......

· Official Greeter
20,404 Posts
Great looking cabinet, Mike.

· Official Greeter
20,404 Posts
I want to learn how to build raise panels so I follow a set plans from sommerfeld tools
And this what end up with
Very nice, John. I would move that inside but would probably get in trouble.......

· Official Greeter
20,404 Posts
Hi Aron. As long as it does the job, that is all I look for in a table. How do you mount your router?. I did not notice any holes in the sub plate.

· Official Greeter
20,404 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Sebastian.

· Official Greeter
20,404 Posts
I like the colour of the drawer fronts, Don.

What timber is that?

· Official Greeter
20,404 Posts
KISS is good, Justin.

After all, it is just a tool..

· Official Greeter
20,404 Posts
Kurt, I see all that I need in a router table......

· Official Greeter
20,404 Posts
Only six more posts and I can post a picture!
Brian, you can post a picture from day one if the picture is stored on your hard drive and not on a web shareing service.

Just go to advance response and to manage attachments.

You can post a picture but not a URL.

· Official Greeter
20,404 Posts

· Official Greeter
20,404 Posts
After seeing some really elaborate and great looking tables mine doesn't seem like much, but it gets the job done.

Hi Jim.

"gets the job done" works for me.

You have given me some new ideas for one of my tables. (the 'to do' list just keeps on growing).....:haha:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts