Router Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
618 Posts
Here is mine. I built it large enough to double as a work bench because space is limited. I believe it was member Trap, that posted one with a tool chest in it, so thats where I got that idea. Sears stores usually have 1 or 2 marked down with a small dent somewhere. There are no tracks, or slots, but I did build a fully adjustable fence with t-tracks that can be clamped on (it can be found in my gallery). Or I can use my Incra jig for a fence. The base is common 2x4's, doubled, and cut to form half-laps. The router hangs in an open ended plywood box. And the top is two layers of 3/4" mdf, wrapped with sappele.

Attachments

· Registered
618 Posts
John, I like the idea of using a tool box. Did you change the drawer slides? Only thing I don't like is the slides on some craftsman boxes, don't open far enough. How wide is your skis, do you get any bowing? John and I been Talking about what is best thing to use for the rods.
Hey Henry:sarcastic:, This box has full extension slides, so I left them alone. The skis are made with 3/8" allthread. Do they sag? I dont know, I've not used them yet. When built my jig holder and skis, I was under the impression that they were always used together. But before starting my 1st project, I contacted Harrysin, and found out the skis are only used when your template will not sufficiently support the router. So, even though I've done a few projects with the jig holder, I've yet to use the skis. When I do, I'll probably shorten the width to the minimum required the particular project.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts