Router Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A picture of a footstool in Bob & Rick's page caught my eye because I had a few more things that had been around the house needing to be used. I had an old naugahide cushion that I used to use as a booster seat in my plane for the grand kids and a set of feet from an old long since worn out footstool that was a wedding present 60 years ago.
So I scaled it to fit the cushion, added a bit to the feet to make it high enough and here it is, pic attached.
BTW, the wood had been around for over 20 years too. It's Sitka spruce left over from a motor glider (the real thing) that I built a long time ago.
Mo. A

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
My current project is a light fixture for my kitchen light. I bought a cheap, bare-bones florescent lamp with the idea of putting some real wood around it to make it look like a $250 unit without putting that kind of cash into it.

I just finished my first coat of varathane tonight so I should have a complete project soon. I'll post a pic of it within a week.

How does it fit into this thread?.... It was built from pallets! I was lucky enough to recover some really nice mahogany pieces from pallets that were otherwise to be thrown away.

The pieces took some work and there are nail holes in some of the resawn pieces, but for this project, it didn't bother me. I just hope that three months in my kiln (storage that is next to my furnace) was sufficient to dry it.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Presumed:
I'll bet we could get all kinds of stories like this from the guys.
I still have some bits of real good birch that I rescued from our first chesterfield frame after it wore out..(.sofa to the American boys! ) that we bought 60 years ago. Some of it I glued together and made a wood carving mallet. Some pieces are in my homemade router table (like Bib & Rick's), some more just waiting to be used. Sure glad I don't live in an apartment.

·
Marine Engineer
Doug
4,960 Posts
It's not junk, it's raw material

I enjoy using "trash" and converting it into interesting things. This is my first time posting pictures, so I hope they go through. The fire nozzles were damaged, and only worth scrap value. The golf clubs are either yard sale items or store close-outs. I've also used pipe fittings, and other industrial scraps to make some interesting projects.

The only problem with being a packrat is moving. I had to leave behind a bunch of "treasures" because I couldn't justify packing them up to take to the new house. Fortunately a friend of mine had that problem, now I have a full size, regulation fire hydrant (which he had in his garage for 14 years). Now, what can I turn that into?

happy recycling,

Attachments

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Doug, wouldnt it be poetic justice to make it into a doggie shower?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
kp91 said:
I enjoy using "trash" and converting it into interesting things. This is my first time posting pictures, so I hope they go through. The fire nozzles were damaged, and only worth scrap value. The golf clubs are either yard sale items or store close-outs. I've also used pipe fittings, and other industrial scraps to make some interesting projects.

The only problem with being a packrat is moving. I had to leave behind a bunch of "treasures" because I couldn't justify packing them up to take to the new house. Fortunately a friend of mine had that problem, now I have a full size, regulation fire hydrant (which he had in his garage for 14 years). Now, what can I turn that into?

happy recycling,
Clearly you have a creative mind and skills to back that up! It is better to reuse, then if need be recycle and try never to trash items. Spoken by someone with a garage full of "good stuff".

Is that an X10 lamp (LM465) mod sitting behind in the first image?

Ed

·
Registered
10,714 Posts
You guy sure have a vivid imagination. Great work. As they say "one mans junk is anothers mans treasure". I like the doggie shower idea.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.