Router Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to the forum. For the last few weeks I have been watching "Router Workshop", on PBS. I'm semi retired and have been in the construction industry all my life. My brother and I built all styles of homes, apartments and condos'. Since retiring my interest has been in building furniture for our beloved pets. My first love is my kitties and building cat trees, cat toys and play areas. My second love is building dog homes. These homes are things of beauty and a person would not be afraid to put one in their front yard. I stay away from the standard dog houses and try to build to match the owners home and tastes. After just watching the show for about three weeks I see a need for using a router. In my business there was not much call for using a router and I never took the time to learn how to use one properly. For now I'm watching and learning to see just how much a router will help me and if it is worth the investment to buy one with all the proper tools. I hope this forum in time will be a great help as I'm always trying new ways to make things better. To every one have a nice day.

·
Registered
10,714 Posts
Welcome to the forums lyle. Congrats on your semi-retirement. Maybe you could post some pics of your pet house's of pet furniture?

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Welcome to the forum Lyle. This is the place to watch and learn and if you have questions about anything router you can get an answer here.
You can watch The Router Workshop on your computer also. Just log on to The Woodworking channel (http://thewoodworkingchannel.com/). It is on 24/7 with all kinds of woodworking shows.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Welcome to the forums lyle. Congrats on your semi-retirement. Maybe you could post some pics of your pet house's of pet furniture?
I have found living in Florida we have scrap because I haven't had a fire since i left Michigan in 1966. But i have found that scrap from one project is often a life saer on a later project and glued together often ma nice band sawn boxes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.