Router Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a time to have no water.
Hi fellow members,just last week the local water board decided to replace our water meter & now,Boxing day morning with a house full of people,we have no water.Our neighbours on both sides have water so it must be our new meter that's jambed.I am now going to take a hammer & give it a little "tap"(pun intended) Back soon.Janes:wink:

·
Registered
Theo
6,915 Posts
Hi fellow members,just last week the local water board decided to replace our water meter & now,Boxing day morning with a house full of people,we have no water.Our neighbours on both sides have water so it must be our new meter that's jambed.I am now going to take a hammer & give it a little "tap"(pun intended) Back soon.Janes:wink:
Could be worse. With neighbors on each side with water, at least you can get water to flush your toilet with, that's first priority. You are friendly with your neighbors, aren't you? :laugh2:

Reactions: DaninVan

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Theo,yes we are on good terms with our neighbours & my wife has carried two buckets of water in from next door already.Our visitors are going to our daughters' place over town &can return when water supply is restored so every thing is under control. Jamesjj

·
Registered
Theo
6,915 Posts
Now just lay in a stock of beer for drinking, and you're good to go. :grin:

Reactions: jj777746

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
they put it in backwards...

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now just lay in a stock of beer for drinking, and you're good to go. :grin:
Fridge downstairs has about 2 dozen bottles of amber liquid in it.Cant tolerate much beer with the meds I'm taking now but with no water,a man has to drink something.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
That sucks. Things like this seem to happen on holidays and long weekends more often than any other time. At least it's not cold and frozen. I've had that happen before.

Reactions: jj777746

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We have our water supply returned.The problem was apparently caused by a broken pipe down the line & a simple air lock which eventually effected our entire neighbourhood.As I said,water is back on but at a much reduced pressure so might not have heard the last of this.I forgot to mention,this new meter has been making weird clicking & squeaking sounds when a tap was turned on.It is not pipe hammer so I will ask for a replacement meter. Best regards,Jamesjj

·
Premium Member
17,426 Posts
That was a weird coincidence James . Glad to hear it’s resolved . It’s surprising how much hassle not having water can be in such short order .
It’s funny how we take water so much for granted , not realizing what a valuable commodity it is .
Thankfully we have lots in Canada

1 - 11 of 11 Posts