Router Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Here's my latest. I made an ambient weather station recently. It has a barometer, hygrometer, and a thermometer. I glued up a couple of oak boards to get to get the main board to a thickness of 1.5". Then I made the top top and foot pads and chamfered and glued them on. I made this one out of Oak. I'm really enjoying the easy weekend projects lately. This one turned out great.

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
Good Job, Daris.

BTW, I do not like those fingers so close to the profile cutter, even with a starter pin.
But that is just me......

·
Registered
Theo
7,137 Posts
BTW, I do not like those fingers so close to the profile cutter, even with a starter pin.
But that is just me......
No, I wouldn't be putting mine so close either.

·
Registered
577 Posts
A weather station has been on my list of things to do for years, maybe now that I am retired I might find the time. :) I already have the Barometer, just need a couple of other instruments.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Guys I always say to watch those high speed cutters and to count your fingers after each cut however with small parts and experience then I would do the cuts on the little pieces the same way. I am reluctant to say that you cannot make an omelet without cracking some eggs, still with care then you can route small parts and keep your fingers as well N

ps, anyone that can make a nice weather station can also make a nice Jewelry Case

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Very nice, Daris.

I have something similar in my to do list projects. It is a wooden block like yours with two clocks to show differents time zones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts