Router Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Marine Engineer
Doug
4,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was asked by my wife to make a cake topper for a friend's wedding. They are the operators of a Greyhound adoption group, and the dogs are a big part of their lives.
She had found something along the lines of what she had wanted, but it only had 2 dogs, she needed 3. I am not an artist, but I do have Vectric software for the CNC that I was able to use to copy an image and trace the outline. I was also able to trace several different versions of a 3rd dog, and play around with the placement of them to make a topper everyone agreed on.
I was originally intending on just veining cuts for the 3rd dog, but that left the Groom on very wobbly legs.... so I decided on an overlay. The finished piece will be in a metal leaf, if I don't snap the delicate tails off.
Using the software was a great way to draw and share the designs, and go back and forth quickly with every recommendation or comment

final pattern.JPG IMG_20210112_144654384.jpg IMG_20210112_144706947.jpg

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,205 Posts
Well done, Doug. I've used Adobe Illustrator for over 30 years, and I find it's sometimes easier to create what I need with Vectric's V Carve vector tools, rather than the established drawing program. That's a really nice cake topper.

Reactions: kp91

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,665 Posts
Very nice Doug.

Reactions: kp91
1 - 6 of 6 Posts