Router Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a follow up to the previous cutting board I posted (https://www.routerforums.com/show-n-tell/140191-christmas-gift-raquel.html), I made this board with a juice groove on one side. They loved it. Both cook, so it will get a lot of use...maybe! :grin: Alli said she might not ever cut on it, and keep it on display!:surprise: This seems to be a re-occuring problem.:smile:

Same materials and design as the previous board. I designed it in VCarvePro and cut it out on the CNC. Making the juice groove was easy. I created an offset vector of the outside of the drawing, and add a line across under the hand hole, clipped away the extra stuff, and VOILA!, the groove was ready to cut. All went well, and I am happy with the outcome.

Note: There was a small knot in the top left corner of the board, so I filled it with epoxy!

We had a good time last night at our house. This is our oldest granddaughter (24), school teacher, and all around good kid! Ivan is an OK guy also.:grin: Even though our place is fairly small, and parking is limited, we still had about 25 family and friends show up. I think they came for the gumbo!>:)

Chicken and sausage gumbo (note the two burner pot!), shrimp creole, dirty rice, pistolettes, oh my! And of course, the margarita machine! :grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
Rick
17,592 Posts
Looks like a great time Mike . I envy you having all those generations of family getting together like that .

I’m liking the groove on the one side of the cutting board , nice touch.

I think I can see Blondie to the centre left of the pic :)

·
Super Moderator
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like a great time Mike . I envy you having all those generations of family getting together like that .

I’m liking the groove on the one side of the cutting board , nice touch.

I think I can see Blondie to the centre left of the pic :)
Thanks Rick. Blondie didn't make this one. That is another little blonde that is the same age as Bella, so yeah - look alikes, and they are not even related. :grin:

·
Registered
22,205 Posts
One thing about getting old is that so many of the family have moved far away. This will be the first year in a long time that we eat Thanksgiving dinner alone. We'll be fine, but still, you miss those wonderful old gatherings with a table groaning from all the best dish from each person. Old stories told again to everyone's delight, people long gone remembered. Sure miss that.

·
Registered
Mike
3,959 Posts
Nice looking cutting board, I'm sure they were happy to receive it.

Looks like there was plenty of good food and company to be enjoyed.

Reactions: MT Stringer
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.