Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...that somehow slid into the week (but that’s nothing new lol). The wife asked for a TV wall panel.

I started by making the framework:

Mounted on the ledger and fastened to the beams with angle mounts:

Chose T&G boards for the panel, blue pine treated with linseed oil:

Had to stop for now, since the TV mount bracket isn’t here yet. Once it arrives, I’ll finish stitching up the panel, put a box shelf on the bottom for paraphernalia & whatever trim the wife wants around the outer edges.

More pictures to follow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21,686 Posts
Nice idea. A big screen deserves some framing around it. It looks pretty spartan just slapped against a blank wall. Look forward to seeing more. Will there be a shelf or cabinet on it? Extra speakers?

·
Registered
Mike
3,940 Posts
Look good so far Dennis. I really like the spalted wood you chose for the panel.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice idea. A big screen deserves some framing around it. It looks pretty spartan just slapped against a blank wall. Look forward to seeing more. Will there be a shelf or cabinet on it? Extra speakers?

Tom,

Yes, there will be a floating box shelf for all the accessories. I’ll run the wires and the cables behind the panel. No plans for speakers, we’re thinking a soundbar.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts

The bracket has arrived !

100% worth the money paid for it. Looks and feels like it could survive a nuclear holocaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would hide the screws in the pine paneling. I think it would look nicer. I wis I could find pine like what you have. It sure looks nice.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would hide the screws in the pine paneling. I think it would look nicer. I wis I could find pine like what you have. It sure looks nice.

I can always fill the screw holes with putty after everything is done. The wood is Sierra Blue Pine from HD that I treated with linseed oil, lots of bang for the buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I love the look of blue stain pine. Your giving me ideas for my Florida room. :smile:

Thank you The blue stain pine really has to be treated to get rid of that washed out look and bring out the grain. Pine in particular, looks rich and gorgeous after soaking up linseed oil.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.