Router Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But when the Grandbabies and the Grandbabies Momma needs something, you do it!! ;o)

I (and my Son), built them a new utility room. Houses hot water heater, washer and dryer. My son built the first one 6 or 7 years ago, when his babies Momma (they no longer together) purchased, a new house. Unfortunately, it was a two bedroom and they have a boy and a girl. So my Son, being a plumber, told her he could move the hot water heater, washer and dryer, outside and make the utility/laundry room into another bedroom. So that he did! But he didn't use any treated wood on the deck of the shed, and it rotted away and started falling over. So I offered to help, on this one, and he laughed and said that she probably couldn't afford something I want to build (As I seem, to them, to have gone overboard on the materials I used on my shop). But I promised I'd make a drawing, a materials list and get prices on all the wood. It's 4' x 8' and only three walls, since it rest against the house. It only ran her a little over two hundred. Took us two evenings after work, and one Saturday to remove the old one and put this one together. As we prefabbed the three walls. She loves it!! Even built her some shelving in there, she didn't have before to store her soap powder and stuff!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Sometimes one ust just step up and do what is neccessary for the little ones.

Reactions: N'awlins77

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
...and everybody's happy...nice going...and they trust you now...

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
But when the Grandbabies and the Grandbabies Momma needs something, you do it!! ;o)

I (and my Son), built them a new utility room. Houses hot water heater, washer and dryer. My son built the first one 6 or 7 years ago, when his babies Momma (they no longer together) purchased, a new house. Unfortunately, it was a two bedroom and they have a boy and a girl. So my Son, being a plumber, told her he could move the hot water heater, washer and dryer, outside and make the utility/laundry room into another bedroom. So that he did! But he didn't use any treated wood on the deck of the shed, and it rotted away and started falling over. So I offered to help, on this one, and he laughed and said that she probably couldn't afford something I want to build (As I seem, to them, to have gone overboard on the materials I used on my shop). But I promised I'd make a drawing, a materials list and get prices on all the wood. It's 4' x 8' and only three walls, since it rest against the house. It only ran her a little over two hundred. Took us two evenings after work, and one Saturday to remove the old one and put this one together. As we prefabbed the three walls. She loves it!! Even built her some shelving in there, she didn't have before to store her soap powder and stuff!!
that came out looking good...
what are those cleats???

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea, it's double doors. Two 2 foot wide doors. Figured it would make it easier to get to everything. More light and air!! Old one had one small door.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts