Router Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,427 Posts
Great video ,major LOL ! Only because it’s so dam true these days .
Love the part about HR :lol:

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
OMG Dude! That is SOOOOOOO right.

I have practically dishoned a granddaughter who is indignant that anyone would think any differently than she does, and of course, she's certain she knows everything. She runs a strip tease school, mostly populated by fat girls desperate to be considered edgy. I will give her this, no tattoos (at least not yet).

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Great video! As my father would say, Truer words were never spoken through false teeth. I was connected with the restaurant industry for a number of years. The problem was getting young people to work! Or want to work. There was an article in a trade magazine that restaurants were hiring older people because they would work and were dependable. I was offered a job as restaurant manager. Turned it down real quick.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
OMG Dude! That is SOOOOOOO right.

I have practically dishoned a granddaughter who is indignant that anyone would think any differently than she does, and of course, she's certain she knows everything. She runs a strip tease school, mostly populated by fat girls desperate to be considered edgy. I will give her this, no tattoos (at least not yet).
Wow!!!

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
My granddaughter provides the venue and promotes the shows. The theme is being fully free and leading edge while expressing yourself. I think she unfriended me since I no longer get any of her posts. I'm happy with that.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
It makes me sick to think that the future of our country will someday be in the hands of some of these idiots. I have some really smart hard working kids the youngest of which is 56 years old. They are successful and lament their younger generation. Having run my own businesses most of my life I am amazed and appalled by some of the employees I encounter in all kinds of businesses. I would not put up with those employees for very long.

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Having said that, my hats off to the three schoolkids (girls) who staff my local coffee shop on the weekends; all three of them have become very proficient baristas over the last 6 months. It's been interesting watching their skills and confidence develop, especially under pressure. We all joke about the Uni students with degrees working at coffee shops, but the reality is that at lunch hour, with a lineup of customers, half of whom want weird concoctions, there's a lot of pressure. Stay calm, friendly, and don't get distracted.

·
Super Moderator
David
3,572 Posts
Years ago, working in plastics production as manager over 3 shifts and 175 people, when discipline was necessary we gave older folks time off without pay and younger folks we gave overtime. They each complained that they wanted the 'other' group's discipline - the older folks wanted all the overtime they could get and the younger folks wanted as much time off as they could get. We gave them the opposite of what they wanted... and we smiled about it. :grin:

And I have to say I'm really proud of my 20-year old daughter. She nearly flunked out of high school because she just didn't care about school. She is a very good artist and was only interested in that; she graduated by the skin of her teeth. In her senior year I encouraged her to work at the Starbucks right down the street. She applied, got the job, and now 3 years later she's moving up the ranks, has studied and achieved the Coffee Master status (gets to wear the black apron instead of the regular green apron), and is being considered for management (couldn't get her to study 5 minutes when she was in school). A little over a year ago she wanted to move to New Orleans so we packed her stuff, moved her, and she's on her own and loving it. She doesn't drive so she walks everywhere, is pursuing her art, and calls 3-4 times each week and text messages 3-4 times every day. I love that last part because she'll ask, 'Hey, how do I...' followed by, 'I know you probably told me this years ago when I wasn't interested but I'm listening now' and I dutifully help her without saying, 'I've already told you this'.

I send her videos like the job interview above and she laughs at her generation telling me, 'They just don't get it, do they?' I find that hilarious! :wink:

David

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am 60 years old er young...whatever... and work for company run by and full of millennials. They are a group of dedicated, intelligent and thoughtful people who I hold in great respect. Perhaps they are the exception but I personally would be careful to lump any generation into a particular category. Think of what was said of many of your own generations by your "elders". Don't get me wrong I run into young people with these attitudes all the time, but try to remind myself, perhaps optimistically or delusionally, that they are the exception and not the rule. Oh and I thought the video was hilarious...

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
I blame permissive parenting, not always but often enough to make a generalized statement. Kids need to know where they stand; loosey goosey rules or no rules just leaves them floundering.

(Call me an old fuddy duddy but I never allowed my daughter's friends to call me anything but Mr.___ or Sir; I didn't want to be their 'friend', I was the one who was supposed to be watching over them, driving them, or keeping them out of trouble. Period. My daughter called me 'Dad' not Dan.)

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I blame permissive parenting, not always but often enough to make a generalized statement. Kids need to know where they stand; loosey goosey rules or no rules just leaves them floundering.

(Call me an old fuddy duddy but I never allowed my daughter's friends to call me anything but Mr.___ or Sir; I didn't want to be their 'friend', I was the one who was supposed to be watching over them, driving them, or keeping them out of trouble. Period. My daughter called me 'Dad' not Dan.)
I used to say " call me anything, but don't call me late for lunch" but had to correct a couple when they took this too literally.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts