Router Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Official Greeter
18,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just noticed a few comments that with this proposed upgrade to the software, all our attachments may disappear?

I must have missed that memo.....

Can someone please enlighten me...

The wealth of knowledge in this forum is contained in the attachments submitted by many members since I joined in 2008, including some now deceased members...So many projects, jigs, templates etc...

Reactions: Marco and harrysin

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
James from what I understood all the pictures will be stored in an archive so they will be available for the existing threads on the forum but we will not be able to access them except through the thread they go to. There will no longer be a "view uploads button" so we can't go search through our pictures or anyone else.

Cricket said if we want access to any of them we will have to move them to an album manually, copy and paste before the new software upgrade takes place. So I guess we will have albums available.

There are a few other changes that will be made and I'm hoping they don't do away will all the good things but we won't actually know anything until after the upgrade.

Also, remember while they are doing the upgrade the forum will be read-only so no posting will be done. Still no actual date for when it will be done or information on how long it will take.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Ok, I figured out how to create an album. How do I move, or copy, my pictures that are currently on the web site to the album? On the album page it wants you to upload the pictures from your computer all over again. Is that right?

Reactions: jw2170

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Sorry Barry,

I was going by what Cricket said about copying and pasting it into the Album to save the pictures you want access to but I just tried it and you are right it will not let you copy and paste.

The only workaround I see would be to create a folder on your computer and save the pictures in it you want to add to the album, then upload those images to the album.

@Cricket is there an easier way to save those pictures from the uploads folder to an album?

·
Official Greeter
18,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
James from what I understood all the pictures will be stored in an archive so they will be available for the existing threads on the forum but we will not be able to access them except through the thread they go to. There will no longer be a "view uploads button" so we can't go search through our pictures or anyone else.

Cricket said if we want access to any of them we will have to move them to an album manually, copy and paste before the new software upgrade takes place. So I guess we will have albums available.

There are a few other changes that will be made and I'm hoping they don't do away will all the good things but we won't actually know anything until after the upgrade.

Also, remember while they are doing the upgrade the forum will be read-only so no posting will be done. Still no actual date for when it will be done or information on how long it will take.

Thanks,,, I will have to pay more attention...

·
Registered
689 Posts
I had read that "Cricket said if we want access to any of them we will have to move them to an album manually, copy and paste before the new software upgrade takes place. " I've created an album but it's how you do the copy and paste that is not clear.

·
Official Greeter
18,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi @Cricket

Could you lease elaborate?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts