Router Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Woodworkers! As I showed on another thread, I'm working on some feet for my daughters second hand hope chest and I am looking for some of these little metal buttons (to the left of the wooden foot, on the round drill press table.) that go on the bottom of the feet. They are about the size of a quarter, maybe a little larger. And they have 4 prongs that get hammered into the feet. Anyone knows what they are called and where I might get them?

Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

·
Registered
901 Posts
They are called chair glides. I expect you'll have trouble finding an exact replacement. But any big-box store or hardware store will have the newer version, which has a single nail attached to a nylon button.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
at your big box...

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
+1 to any non-metal. Also, the hard plastic ones aren't much better. I like the thick felt ones but they need replacing every few years as they get dirt embedded.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thank you all! DonkeyHody, for the name of them!! Found ones that will work at both HD and Lowes. I just didn't know what they were called, to search for them. I haven't found any exactly like the old ones. But I'll just replace all four with a newer style. PERFECT! Thank you all!!

PS. Vince, I know all about those felt ones. After pulling the carpet out of our living room and putting new laminates in our living room and kitchen, I have those under everything!! But my daughter bedrooms, where I'm sure this chest will go, is carpeted. I need the metal or plastic ones there!!

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Thank you all! DonkeyHody, for the name of them!! Found ones that will work at both HD and Lowes. I just didn't know what they were called, to search for them. I haven't found any exactly like the old ones. But I'll just replace all four with a newer style. PERFECT! Thank you all!!

PS. Vince, I know all about those felt ones. After pulling the carpet out of our living room and putting new laminates in our living room and kitchen, I have those under everything!! But my daughter bedrooms, where I'm sure this chest will go, is carpeted. I need the metal or plastic ones there!!
metal is your better bet for carpet...

Reactions: N'awlins77

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Look at the McMaster Carr on-line catalog, they have every style your heart desires.

Herb
Oh WOW, they really do have everything!! Even the exact glides I was looking for!! I did find some at HD, but they were made different. Just might order these though. Go back original!! Thanks Herb!!

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
Oh WOW, they really do have everything!! Even the exact glides I was looking for!! I did find some at HD, but they were made different. Just might order these though. Go back original!! Thanks Herb!!
Lee ,I have been very happy with McMaster Carr, their products are good , they ship promptly,and their prices are good, and they have everything under the sun.
Glad I could help.

Herb

1 - 12 of 12 Posts