Router Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven't decided on a base yet. Still need to buy some knobs for it, and cut out the base plate hole yet. But when i get it all done, I'm going to give it away to a friend who can't afford one. Don't need two tables.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
your friend is in for a major score...
well done...

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Very nice, Jim...you are a good friend

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Looks almost identical to mine.These tops can be had for a few dollars at office furniture stores, sometimes even for free in their dumpsters.

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
Very nice. It's also very plain and uncomplicated... a good thing in my opinion. Your friend should get years of enjoyment out of it.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Good one.
Here, never apologize for a picture of anything "router".

·
Registered
25 Posts
Right on.This is something like what i am doing,I had the desk in back room used for computer but i made a new one and decided to make a router table out of it when done it will still have the drawers for keeping the router's and bits.I will sturdy up the leg's and install wheel's to be able to move it around.It will also have a 1/2 in piece of plywood for a removable top so it can be used for an extra work place.I will send pictures as soon as i get it done.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I finished the router table top. I used a Grizzly router plate. Threw on a couple of feather boards I had laying around. I give it to my friend earlier tonight. He wants to build the base for it. This is something I never tried before. Thank you all for the tips I read about on this forum.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts