Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Community Founder
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Personally, I think these forums are showing to be a great success. I think this community is a great addition to the existing Router Workshop community, because it allows the users to interact with each out and with Bob & Rick.

·
Server Administrator
166 Posts
They are great and they also have alot of members considering that they are only 3 days old. :rick:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Once the forum gets rolling I'm sure my "Good" will turn into "Great" Heck of a good start for only 3-4 days old. Pat

·
Retired Moderator
2,093 Posts
I think its great because out of all the tools in my shop I use the router the most and I'm still learning this forum will be really helpful and its nice being in place that you're invited to from the ground up. Thanks Mark, Kevin, Bob and Rick

·
Registered
132 Posts
I put the router forum site address on the other woodnet forum and the guys over there seemed to like it , I my self think it's great .I just bought my fourth router and I am just a newbe at this craft, But all ready I like it and can't get enought of it .Thank you much ,,,Learning Herb

·
Community Founder
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, I'm quite surprised with the results so far.

Great: 9 64.29%
Good: 5 35.71%
Whatever: 0 0%
They suck: 0 0%

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Thanks for starting these forums. I'm sure they will be well recieved.
You guys are great and hae been so for years.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
i have been to other forums and they seemed not to have the router information that this forum has and iam sure that guestions about other areas of woodworking can be gotten here aswell.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just joined the site a few days ago and have read quite a few posts. I have not made much use of my two routers (Craftsman/B&D) in the past but this will now change because the amount of expertise that all of you share. To say the least, this has to be one of the best if not the best forum site.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I think they're great - lots of good information and give and take - necessary for me because I'm a novice. Keep it up guys!

·
Registered
18 Posts
If there was more ways to get more audience participation, then it would be great!

Doesnt seem to be that many people "posting" on here, that often to keep the interest up...

Jesse

·
Premium Member
14,852 Posts
I find the forum rather like a cup of coffee, or in my case a cup of tea, I probably could live without it but boy would I miss it!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I see from the replies this is a resurrected thread, and glad to see that. In my voting, I isolated my vote on this forum. I think a specialized forum has many virtues. For one, there are areas that are open for detailed information that only get covered by general woodworking threads in other forums. The slow activity isn't a new thing in forums. There are a lot of "lurkers" that just like to read. Some don't feel they have new or pertinent information to warrant a reply, but we should encourage participation. The fear of getting "jumped on" or that a reply isn't interesting might be part of the reason. Other than the good "social" atmosphere of this forum, there is a great deal of knowledgeable members with varied experience willing to share a wealth of information.

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
This forum is not like any other on the web. Everybody gets their questions answered, we do not tolerate rudeness, and disagreements are acceptable as long as the arguments are factual and cordial. The sponsor does not object to information about products from other manufacturers and does not hammer anyone to buy their products. Happy satisfied members often recommend the products to others. This reminds me to let Mark, Bob and Rick know what a great job they have done.

·
Registered
618 Posts
This is a great forum! Since I've joined I've,spent a lot more time woodworking(and a lot of money),learned many new skills,and made lots of new friends I'll probably never meet. I've seen other forums where there seems to be groups of "elite" members that don"t even respond to newbies. That does not happen here.

·
Registered
439 Posts
cabinetman said:
...The fear of getting "jumped on" or that a reply isn't interesting might be part of the reason. . . .
I for one as a newcomer to this forum can vouch that this does NOT happen here. While I have messed around with remodeling since I was a kid - and with furniture builidng for about 20 years I have only pursued it lightly and sporadically -- so, yes, I am one of those a bit in awe of true craftsmen.
I'm also a bit of a 'Tim Taylor' and always wondering 'What would happen if. . .' etc.
If any of you shy lurkers take a moment to note some of the off the wall questions I have asked in my brief time here -- and the graciousness with which they were answered -- you will find there are no -- elitists -- here.
Just a bunch of guys and gals who love what they do and love seeing others get involved in it too. So ----- get involved.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.