Router Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

387 Posts
Hi: do you mean the pin that goes into the router plate when it is table mounted?
If you do that is called a starter or safety pin. Its used toallow you to get material to the router bit without kick back. If you were going touse a bearing guided bit
around a template, it allows you to get the cutting started, and then you can pull
away from the pin.. Hope this helps.. Woodnut65
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.