Router Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEWBIE Looking to buy a lettering kit for making signs.I freehand with my router but some people want that perfect look.Need alot of help here. Which one do I buy?????????

THANKS FROM NEBRASKA

:thank_you2::thank_you2:

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Hi Frank:

Can you describe the method you're using now?

You might ask one of the moderators to move this to the sign makers forum.

Are you using a word processor or type setting program now?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Don't buy the one from milescraft 1212 It work's but is junk in my book To much set up to get any production from it I sent mine back

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank DEL and RON , I WAS THINKING ON THE 1212. DO YOU THINK THE CRAFTSMAN WOULD BE A BETTR WAY GO???? THANKS

·
Registered
23,786 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know this a an old thread but I was wondering if anyone had any new opinions or know of a excellent kit? I need to purchase one but want the best for my money and don't know much about it. Should I get one of these types or a pantograph type? Thanks, Terry

·
Official Greeter
18,736 Posts
Until I become proficient in free hand routing, I will stick with my Milescraft set.

Some limitations in font/size, but good for beginners.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I'm a big fan of the Milescraft 1212 also. 2 years ago, I made signs for the whole family (about 30 signs) and never messed up on one. Make a good jig to hold your work and tie down the jig and nothing to it. Cover up any spacers you use to you don't forget they are just spacers, and works like a charm.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If anyone is doing freehand routing, are you perhaps using the precision router base from Stew Mac? I use a Dremel and recently came across that as a good way to possibly do lettering, but curious if anyone else has used it for such a purpose.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I recently bought the Milescraft Pro #1212 and really like it. It is well made. Just MHO. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts