Router Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You have seen it all now right? How can this be a woodworking tool? I've gone off the deep end this time........

For 100 points and a win be the first one to tell us how this is a woodworking tool. Give several things in woodworking it might be used for...... I was not thinking of doing your bib overalls or pressing your underware...... I even mentioned this tool in the not to distance past (in a post so you could go back and look for that if you need too).

Ed

Attachments

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
It can also be used to raise dents in wood after wetting it first. Also, to apply heat transfers to wood.

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
An older iron like this weighs a bit more than the new ones. Use it to keep small pieces together while glue cures. It can be used in place of a J roller to work out air bubbles when cementing laminate.(Spray it with teflon or WD40 first)

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glenmore said:
An iron used to press veneer strips or panels. That's my guess Ed.
Since you were the first you got the points but we had a few other really good answers after yours too.

Garage Sales! got to love them..... I had to stop going cause I was finding way to much good stuff.........

The funny looking white thing on the bottom of the iron is a teflon addition that I got at Wal*Mart. I use it for all sort of projects including t-shirts... things like routerforums t-shirts.

BTW don't go take your wife's or husband's iron for shop work.... go buy your own shop iron.

Ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts