Router Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This little sporty model came in several colors, the yellow version, the red version and the blue version. As you can see I have the "hood" up so you can see more details. I have a whole fleet of these but something is missing on this one. Well I had to make it a little harder for you now didn't I?

The rules are simple, you tell us what this is and how it works or what it used for and if you are the first one with a correct answer you get the win and 100 points.

As a bonus if you can tell me where to get more of what is missing I will throw in another 50 points for this contest. I'm looking for a web side not your local hardware supermarket.

Good luck,

Ed

Attachments

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Ed, HD and Lowes carry PC sanding rolls which look like they might fit. What dimensions are the rolls?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
aniceone2hold said:
Ed, HD and Lowes carry PC sanding rolls which look like they might fit. What dimensions are the rolls?
I bought a lot of these some years back and now I'm running out.... the local hardwares don't seem to carry them anymore. The width is 1 15/16. These were made by Norton an email to them brought no response..... I can always use standard sheets cut to size but the roll is nicer.

Ed

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ejant said:
It is a sanding roll sander

You can get sanding rolls at your hardware store.
It sure is a sander that uses rolls of paper paper which I can no longer find at my hardware store thus the:
"I'm looking for a web side not your local hardware supermarket"

So the good news is you get the win and 100 points! Points are on the way.

The extra points are still up for grabs if anyone can point to a website.....

Ed

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Jim, a roll of paper goes into the hole in the side. You pull it out the back and around to the front. You can see the wire that locks the back in the notch as you push down the metal handle to hold the front.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
aniceone2hold said:
Jim, a roll of paper goes into the hole in the side. You pull it out the back and around to the front. You can see the wire that locks the back in the notch as you push down the metal handle to hold the front.
I could not have said it any better! You can also use a reg. piece of sand paper cut in to 1 15/16 strips but this is slower. I have several colors and had the red with coarse paper, yellow med. and blue fine. They don't seem to sell the coarse paper any more, I can live with that.....

If you're interested the site given has the sanders, they are a blue from the picture......

Ed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.