Router Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This next one should be fun. Take a look at the attachment. Now tell us what these are and what the "size" is. You know like the largest one is a 20, so list the other 5 "sizes" and then tell us what they are or how they are used.

Be the first one with all the correct information and win 150 points and be the winner.... such a deal.

Good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess I made this a little to easy...... I can read some of the numbers stamped in to them..... well easy or not have fun!

Ed

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
delroy33 said:
these are biscuts and the available sizes. as you said they are numbered for each size
Yea what are those "other sizes" and what are they used for or how do you use them???????

Ed

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
iam only fimilair with the no.20 ,no.10 , no.0 and F/F biscuts they are all used in wood joinery. the f/f is face frame use in cabenets. the others are for use in joinery in different stock sizes.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hint:

FF are new and are "face frame" about 1/2" x 1-1/8". The larger of the small ones is 1/2" x 1" and an older standard. They are for Ryobi's "Detail Biscuit Joiner".

More hints later if needed......

Ed

·
Registered
137 Posts
Biscuits

I had to go look the small ones up on-line because I had not seen them before. The 3 biscuits on the left are the normal size 0, 10 and 20 beachwood biscuits. The 3 on the right are the new FF biscuits for smaller work. This is Porter Cable's description of those biscuits: Porter Cable's faceframe biscuits can join material as narrow as 1 1/2 inches wide. FF biscuits are 13mm x 30mm with the strength of full size biscuits. Ideal for small picture frames, box corners, and cabinet faces.

Thanks for introducing me to these.

Bill

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi,

No one got this yet so a few more hints:
...... these are thin when compaired to regular size biscuits
...... the numbers are R?, R?, R?
So far as I know one one company made this size but Sears sold a model too.

If no one gets this in a short while I'll post the answer so start your guesses.......

Ed

·
Registered
137 Posts
The 3 biscuits on the left are: (top down) #20, #10, #0
The 3 biscuits on the right are: (top down) R3 - 1 inch, R2 = 3/4 inch, R1 = 5/8 inch

The smaller biscuits are used for face frame joinery. Ryobi developed three miniature biscuits they numbered R1, R2, and R3. These biscuits can be used in wood as narrow as 1/2 inch with thickness in the 3/8 inch range. Ryobi made a router for Craftsman which also used these biscuits.

Once again - thanks for making me work to find the answer. Hope it's what you were looking for.

Bill

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry to have to make everyone work so hard.... OK not really.....
Yes the small biscuits are R3, R2, and R1 and as I guessed most of you knew the larger standard biscuits. In addition to the FF ones they also have a round one now, that would be cut with a router so some of you how have the router set-up that might be of interest to you.

I'm going to award dual winners this time. Delroy33 and Billwolley.... if you take both of their answers you have a good idea as to what I was looking for. I'll send you each 150 points.

Winners

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.