Router Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now we go in to a little harder one....... are you ready?

Take a close look at the picture. Those circles are made of brass, they are a set plus some extras. The pencil is not part of the game but it does give you an idea of size.

So for 100 points tell us what they are and how they work, of course you have to be the first poster with the right answer to win.

AND

If you can tell me the correct sizes of the disk in inches I will give away another 100 points. (again the first right answer gets the points)

AND

If you will write up a post about how you would use them for a router project and make it detailed enough so as to be educational for our fine members I will give you 10,000 points! (again the first good post wins but feel free to post your own ideas..... sometimes I get generous and give out extra points)

Good luck!

Ed

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi Ed

What you have here is the Veritas Offset Wheel guages available from Lee Valley

The five smaller guages are available as a set ( item 05N64.01 ) which include 1/4", 5/16", 3/8", 7/16" & 1/2" raduis offset and the 4 larger ones are sold individually 5/8", 3/4", 7/8" & 1" raduis offset ( items 05N64.05, 05N64.06, 05N64.07 & 05N64.08 )

The wheeled guages are used to draw a parallel line around a pattern of any shape or size or to inlarge a template. The wheel is used by simply inserting a pencil into the center hole and follow your pattern perimeter to produce an enlarge tracing of the actual item.

Ric :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
23,786 Posts

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
That's a good woodworking tip now I'm off to the drill press and get out the hole saws and make a set, just so I have them when I need one.

That's a good way to use the srcap hard wood up b/4 it goes in the fireplace and a great little gift for mates that stop by from time to time.
Plastic Box 10 cents and some scrap wood,Or big key ring, Not to bad.. :>)
Thanks
Bj

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bobj3 said:
3/8",1/2".5/8",3/4",1",1 1/4",1 1/2",1 3/4",2"

Brass off set guides
Great work, you were a bit off on the sizes but they are indeed brass offset guides and for the points you have to have more details...... like what they are for. I do think you're catching on to the game..... keep checking back for more "What is it?".

Ed

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
labric said:
Hi Ed

What you have here is the Veritas Offset Wheel guages available from Lee Valley

The five smaller guages are available as a set ( item 05N64.01 ) which include 1/4", 5/16", 3/8", 7/16" & 1/2" raduis offset and the 4 larger ones are sold individually 5/8", 3/4", 7/8" & 1" raduis offset ( items 05N64.05, 05N64.06, 05N64.07 & 05N64.08 )

The wheeled guages are used to draw a parallel line around a pattern of any shape or size or to inlarge a template. The wheel is used by simply inserting a pencil into the center hole and follow your pattern perimeter to produce an enlarge tracing of the actual item.

Ric :cool: :cool:
What can I say....... I could say you are the winner of the first two parts of this "What is it?" and your 200 points are on the way!

WINNER!

Ed

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Please note this 10,000 points item is still waiting for someone. Are you the one that will earn it????

"... AND

If you will write up a post about how you would use them for a router project and make it detailed enough so as to be educational for our fine members I will give you 10,000 points! (again the first good post wins but feel free to post your own ideas..... sometimes I get generous and give out extra points)"

Ed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.