Router Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For this one you need to be the first poster with the correct answer, the correct answer will tell what this is for and how it works..... put some "teeth" into your post "flex" your mind, give us details.

100 points are on the line...... but only for the first one who gives me all the details I want to see......

Ed
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,474 Posts
It is a Japaneese Dozuki saw. For cutting dovetails and other fine cuts. It also cuts on the backstroke and the blade is very flexible.

I have had one for a couple of years and used it the first time about two weeks ago to cut a couple of dowels flush in a tight spot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Saw for cutting plugs or other parts flush with a surface without maring the adjacent surface. The saw has tooth kerf on one side only and is very flexible so as to contact only the surface to be cut flush with remaining surface. Mostly used to cut plugs (however real router users use a router to perfectly match the surfaces without maring adjacent surfaces, set the router bit a couple thickness of paper above the surface adjacent to the plug, and turn on the router !)
steveo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
It is NOT a Japanese Dozuki. I say this because I have only seen Dozukis with a rigid back spine on them.

I believe it is a Japanese Flush-Cutting Saw with about a 6" blade.

It can be used for trimming through tenons, dressing dovetails and trimming plugs flush with a surface.

It is tapered from tang to tip to give flexibility and from tooth to back to eliminate binding since it doesn't have any set in the teeth.

(The above description borrowed from Lee Valley catalog).

Brian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
steveo said:
Saw for cutting plugs or other parts flush with a surface without maring the adjacent surface. The saw has tooth kerf on one side only and is very flexible so as to contact only the surface to be cut flush with remaining surface. Mostly used to cut plugs (however real router users use a router to perfectly match the surfaces without maring adjacent surfaces, set the router bit a couple thickness of paper above the surface adjacent to the plug, and turn on the router !)
steveo

********************
Winner
********************

I like how you added the router information! How about that idea? For a little extra reading check out:
http://www.routerforums.com/showthread.php?t=395

you got the 100 points!

Ed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
x372sailor said:
It is NOT a Japanese Dozuki. I say this because I have only seen Dozukis with a rigid back spine on them.

I believe it is a Japanese Flush-Cutting Saw with about a 6" blade.

It can be used for trimming through tenons, dressing dovetails and trimming plugs flush with a surface.

It is tapered from tang to tip to give flexibility and from tooth to back to eliminate binding since it doesn't have any set in the teeth.

(The above description borrowed from Lee Valley catalog).

Brian
Thanks for the additional information!

Ed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ejant said:
It is a Japaneese Dozuki saw. For cutting dovetails and other fine cuts. It also cuts on the backstroke and the blade is very flexible.

I have had one for a couple of years and used it the first time about two weeks ago to cut a couple of dowels flush in a tight spot.
This answer was very close to what I was looking for...... This saw has no set to the teeth so it is really ment to do flush cuts and it is so flexible that you could not cut with out using a pull method...... If you can point me to a url with the name Dozuki saw and it looks like the one pictured I'm willing to send you 50 points for your trouble, I too want to learn.

Ed
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top