Router Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now take a look, a very good look at the image. You think you know what they are right? I'm not sure you do, so make sure you do, maybe have another look...........

Now if you’re sure you know what these are and how they are used post an answer. Make sure you give some good details. Maybe you better look one more time.

If your answer is correct and the posting is within the next 24 hours I will send each of the first 5 correct posters 50 points.

You haven't won yet? Well here is your big opportunity. But just to be sure look one more time. I know at least a few people are not going to get this right so check one more time. What does the woodworker in you think?

OK I've told you enough so lets see some posts!

Ed

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
Pop Grooved rivet:

It is designed to set within a hole in fibrous materials such as wood. When the rivet sets, the body shortens and the fibres of the material are grasped between the closed grooves.

Note: that the rivet is set WITHIN a hole rather than passing right through the components and setting against the blind side. If installed THROUGH a hole, the grooves will not close, and therefore the rivet will not function correctly.

The rivet must be long enough to enter well into the hole, to give it enough space to expand and shorten without coming too close to the surface of the fibrous material.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could this be right or is Showshoe pulling your leg with a sketch and all?

Pop in and give us your answer!!!!!!!

Ed

·
Registered
195 Posts
reible said:
Could this be right or is Showshoe pulling your leg with a sketch and all?

Pop in and give us your answer!!!!!!!

Ed
I thought I had been most everywhere and seen almost everything, but I never have seen these used or offered for sale. Which leads me to assume they are somewhat proprietary in nature. Probably pilfered off of an AT&T outside plant truck. After setting / installing these in the side of a building, (don't want to use a real anchor, because it takes too long to drill the hole) then the phone line is attached to this unit with several "bread wrapper ties" until another truck comes along with the proper attachment, or upgraded plastic tie wrap.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The time is up....... and we have TWO people who are going to be getting some points! (Snowshoe & steveo)
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Winners
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I really didn't think many people would get this one..... You people are good!

Now one of the posts was close and because I'm in a good mood tonight I will be sending along a few points to
Maurice for at least trying.

A couple of the awards are going unclaimed........ well more points to give away another time.

Ed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts