Router Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's an entry for the "What is it?" thread. Probably not very hard to identify, but darn -- Ed has done a good job of covering a lot of the unique tools.

As per Ed and Marks posts, 100 points to the first person who identifies this item.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Easy out or extractor. Removes broken fastners. Drill a hole, tap extractor in hole with a hammer and back out broken fastner just like you were uncrewing it.

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
If you change that to inexpensive light duty screw extractor you have it. These extractors require you to drill a hole and then tap in the extractor and twist the broken screw out. They come in two styles, the one pictured and another type which is simply a hardened tapering square shaft. Newer versions of this tool feature a built in drill bit so its a one step process. The heavy duty version is made by Rep's, and come in all screw and bolt sizes. They use the two step drill/twist out method.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ejant said:
Easy out or extractor. Removes broken fastners. Drill a hole, tap extractor in hole with a hammer and back out broken fastner just like you were uncrewing it.
Winner!!!

Label on the package identifies these (this is the largest from a set of 4) as Sprial Screw Extractor.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I have an old set like that but mine has only 3 1/2 screw extractors..... The other 1/2 gave it's life on an old slant 6 Dodge engine head bolt...... My sons car but I broke it and I had to repair it......

Let me say well done to Showshoe! Great job!

Ed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts