Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't wait to here what some of you will think this is..... please post some good guesses, even ones that will make us laugh. Now I don't want to have to be the one that explains how this works so do a good job at least explaining what it is for and we will let it go at that.

I'm in a good mood tonight so let's say I'll give each of the first posters right or wrong 50 points for guessing. If you are the first correct answer I'll ADD 100 points, such a deal hey?

Ed

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Mostly as a guess, I would say that they are dividers.

Set a point onthe outside of a board and spread it. If you want five divisions, put the sixth point on the opposite side of the board and mark the points. Voila, the board now has five equal sections.

·
Registered
10,714 Posts
They are all wrong Ed. When my kids were little, I had one of these we put across the top of the basement stairs. To keep them from falling down the stairs. It's called a "scissor gate". :D It has nothing to do with equally spaced marking! :D

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Mark, I want to visit one of your parties!
Gee Ed, isn't this for quick shelf spacing?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
presumed_druid said:
Mostly as a guess, I would say that they are dividers.

Set a point onthe outside of a board and spread it. If you want five divisions, put the sixth point on the opposite side of the board and mark the points. Voila, the board now has five equal sections.
I'm impressed! First guess is right! The name is "Point.2.Point", it extends to 2 feet (600mm ish) and lets you figure where to put nail/screws evenly spaced, of course it could work to mark positions for biscuits etc. It is not something that is accurate enough for small tolerance joints like dovetails or finger joints...... think of it as a guide to get you close.

Well done! Your points are on the way.

Ed

Winner

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK the free points are over and I really liked how you people jumped in with a lot of good and funny stuff. We'll have to do it again sometime.

As promiced you each get 50 points just for playing!

Ed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.