Router Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one is going to be hard. I have an older book on router tips or maybe it is woodworking tips I forget..... Anyway one of the tips is something that you use this tool for and it has nothing to do with plumbing.

So if you decide to answer this question don't put any answers other then some related to the tip books I mentioned...... what I mean is don't put down plumbing tricks of the month or what have you related to that.

To make it interesting I will give each of the first 5 posters 20 points for trying and if one of the first five gets it right I will add 100 points to the winning answer. After the first 5 tries if no one gets it then it is back to just the 100 points for the winner.

All right start your postings!

Ed

Attachments

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Easy one, basin wrench for reaching up behind sinks. The part that grips bends 90 degrees and will work left and rught.

·
Registered
195 Posts
When you have a router table mounted, this unit can be used to tighen or loosen the collet nut from the top of the table, or if you are a contortionist, use it from the underside position of the router table.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
steveo said:
When you have a router table mounted, this unit can be used to tighen or loosen the collet nut from the top of the table, or if you are a contortionist, use it from the underside position of the router table.
Close................

Come on some others must have an idea?????????

Hey you can guess anything you want I've still got three 20 point give-a-ways no mater what the guess...... plus the 100 points for the win................. Such a deal!

Ed

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
I know ED. It is a flip type stop. You clamp it to your router table as a positive stop. The jaw can be flipped down to make a stop. Then flipped up to get it out of the way.
Very clever those plummers.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No one has gotten this yet so time for a hint or two...... First as I mentioned this is a tool doing a cross over job..... It is used with a router and it has to do with "some" routers, other routers have a different way of adding this attachment...... OK now lets see what you can come up with.

Ed

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
I suppose it could be used to lock a shaft to keep it from spinning during bit changes. Mind you I would never use it for that purpose. Teeth just dont get along well with straight metal shafts.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will be sending the points out for the guesses and ending the "what is it?" on this one by posting the solution.

I'm not saying this is good practice or that I do this but maybe this idea will come in handy someday when things are a bit tight..... Some of you that might have stored your router in a box for the last 12 years with a guide bushing left in....... yes you know who you are...... now get the router out and do some routing.

Ed

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
Ed, I should have got this the first time. From page 44 on "the 250 best shop tricks" book !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the above thumbnail rang the bell !!
steveo

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
steveo said:
Ed, I should have got this the first time. From page 44 on "the 250 best shop tricks" book !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the above thumbnail rang the bell !!
steveo
You got it! I like little books like that, show how many good ideas are out there for us to learn.

Ed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts