Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to do a lot of running out today and I'm feeling a bit worn out so be tolerant with me.

So look at the picture, tell us what this is and how we router people might use it. I know for some of you this will not be something you will ever buy much less want to use but some of you do or will. For those people post a nice complete answer with good details. The first one to provide some good correct detail will be the winner...... 100 points are on the line, do you measure up???????

Ed

Attachments

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Dial indicator can be used for accurcy in bit height adjustment expecially if you have a Incra jig.
Also can be used for fence adjustments.
Setup tool for runouts on various tools from tablesaws to drill presses, and even routers. The dial is adjustable to zero out the indicator.
There should be two adjustable index markers, yours is missing one.

·
Registered
10,714 Posts
Boy Ed, I wish I had a dollar for every time I used one of these. Course I never used one in a wood shop, only in the toolroom. I could buy me a new router with it. :D

·
Registered
10,714 Posts
ejant said:
Dial indicator can be used for accurcy in bit height adjustment expecially if you have a Incra jig.
Setup tool for runouts on various tools from tablesaws to drill presses, and even routers. The dial is adjustable to zero out the indicator.
Also ejant, tell Ed it reads in .001 increments and has 1" of travel.(How much it will measure) :D

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ejant said:
You people are good! I see you noticed the missing marker.... wish I knew where that went too. And as you and Dr.Zook both had some good points and seeing how I feel in a good mood I'm going to send you both some points.

Ed

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Winner
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

1 - 5 of 5 Posts