Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He digs deep in the drawer for this one...... OK tell us what the tool is for and what in the heck is that other thing??????

So you want to win and show everyone how you know about this odd looking picture and win the 100 points? Go for it, make our day.

The first correct answer with details wins it all!

Ed

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
Tee nut with "setting tool". Use the setting tool instead of the "hammer" setting tool.
After the correct size hole (diameter or slightly larger than the shaft on the tee nut) is drilled through the material, the setting tool is inserted on the opposite side of the material from which the tee nut was inserted, a few threads started, and the handy dandy drill (preferably a cordless one, complete with clutch) slowly pulls and sets the teeth into the material, hopefully just right and flush. Of course this system has its thickness limitations. Material thickness is limited in order to catch a few threads on the tee nut. May not work on the old 2x4 etc. Then I guess you'd have to get out the all thread, nuts, and a few washers.
steveo

·
Registered
10,714 Posts
Wow steveo, I wish I could afford fancy tools like this. Ole "Ed" must be loaded. I have to use a bolt with a cut off head and a nut for mine. :D LOL

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
steveo said:
Tee nut with "setting tool". Use the setting tool instead of the "hammer" setting tool.
After the correct size hole (diameter or slightly larger than the shaft on the tee nut) is drilled through the material, the setting tool is inserted on the opposite side of the material from which the tee nut was inserted, a few threads started, and the handy dandy drill (preferably a cordless one, complete with clutch) slowly pulls and sets the teeth into the material, hopefully just right and flush. Of course this system has its thickness limitations. Material thickness is limited in order to catch a few threads on the tee nut. May not work on the old 2x4 etc. Then I guess you'd have to get out the all thread, nuts, and a few washers.
steveo
The t-nuts are sold my the thickness of materal the one pictured is for 3/4". I get these from Rockler (page 106 in the catalog I have sitting here), and do eliminate the "push ou problem", for a price. The official name is Riveting T-Nuts and inserting tool...... go figure......

Ed

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Winner
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dr.Zook said:
Wow steveo, I wish I could afford fancy tools like this. Ole "Ed" must be loaded. I have to use a bolt with a cut off head and a nut for mine. :D LOL
I'm not sure the cut off head/nut idea works well with these, the tool has a cone shape that seems to be needed........

You know Dr. my money talks.............. it says "good bye"........

Ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts